Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Noob With A Couple Of Questions

Taipan

Hi All

Just bought an 2004 1.4 TDCi Ghia. Is this a MK6 Fiesta?

The car pulls to the left which I assume/hope is due to the wrong sized (?) spare wheel being fitted. It has alloys with 190/50x15s on. I note the spare is a 185/65x14. Is that normal having a smaller wheel with a higher profile tyre on it?

The passenger door mirror is cracked and I need to get another but when I looked on eBay I see some are heated and some not? Presumably I'll need to take the cover off to see if it has wires going to it or not? Are the covers easy to remove or ones with sneaky clips you end up breaking. I fthere is a knack to getting the cover off without breaking it I'd be glad to hear it.

The car only came with one key. I believe getting another ordinary key cut and cloned is simple enough but you cant get another remote key from anywhere but Fords. Is that correct? Out of interest anyone know what I can expect to pay for a cloned ordinary key from a locksmiths and what Fords charge for a second remote key?

Many thanks

fiestaal.jpg

With regards to your mirrors if they are heated ones you will be able to see the wires in the glass like you can with the heated windscreen

Also your spare tyre will be a different size but the running radius is the same so when you refit the alloy wheel if it still does it your wheel tracking is out

I think you're right as the edge of the tyre is worn. Think i'll get it tracked just in case.

The car pulls to the left which I assume/hope is due to the wrong sized (?) spare wheel being fitted. It has alloys with 190/50x15s on. I note the spare is a 185/65x14. Is that normal having a smaller wheel with a higher profile tyre on it?

I think you may mean 195/50/15 for the alloys which is usual. The spare should be 175/65/14 which is within 1.3% and acceptable. 185/65/14 is different from the alloys by 3.31% (bigger) and not recommended. I would change the spare tyre.

The car only came with one key. I believe getting another ordinary key cut and cloned is simple enough but you cant get another remote key from anywhere but Fords. Is that correct? Out of interest anyone know what I can expect to pay for a cloned ordinary key from a locksmiths and what Fords charge for a second remote key?

My son paid £25 at Timpsons for a cloned Mk6 Fiesta Mk6 key quite recently.

Thanks for that. The spare is a 175/65x14 and the car no longer pulls with the right alloy back on there.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club