Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Intermittent Wiper Stalk

tonasc

Hi. I have a Fiesta Mk6, Ghia trim. It currently has automatic rain sensing wipers, which I'm sure most people consider an upgrade from standard intermittent. However, I find it maddening, no matter what I set the sensitivity to, it never seems quite right for me.

I was wondering if I get a replacement wiper stalk, with the adjustable intermittent timings and swap it, would that be enough to change it to standard intermittent?

thanks

I don't get on with auto wipers on my mk7 either.

As far as I know, the stalk is the same with auto and without, its going to be down to the cars computer deciding what to do with the stalk position. i.e. intermittent or auto.

Wouldn't a standard stalk not have the rotating Sensitivity bit on it?

Good point!

Still I would of thought the actual position of the stalk is only a switch position and its up to the car computer to decide whether that is auto wiper or intermittent.

The standard stalk still has the rotary switch, but it controls the time gap between each sweep on the intermitent setting rather than the sensitivity of the auto wipers.

The standard stalk still has the rotary switch, but it controls the time gap between each sweep on the intermitent setting rather than the sensitivity of the auto wipers.

Really? Im sure my mothers doesn't and hers is a 61 model.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club