Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Green Cotton Performance Induction Filter Fitting Guide

Lenny

what is the part number of the green cotton filter lenny. ima gonna get one now and its all your fault lol :ph34r:

Jamie

what is the part number of the green cotton filter lenny. ima gonna get one now and its all your fault lol :ph34r:

Jamie

lol I'm offically the opposite of Mr. George Clooney, all your missus wana kill me.

I don't know the part for your motor mate, best to contact ross@tdcautomotive.com he will direct you to the correct one on priracing.com and don't forget your 10% discount code too.

its the same filter lol

Jamie :ph34r:

I thought it would be different since your model is a mk3 but if you say its the same as mine,

Then here is the one I purchased

http://www.priracing.com/product.php/4211/826/ford-focus-1-6--1-8---2-0-tdci--07-on--green-cotton-air-filter

just got mine for 53.98 :-) not much of a saving but still.

Yes i confirm i have the same air filter as u lenny even though it is a mk3

AV61-9601-AD is the part number for the ford filter currently installed

So you can extend the coverage to the 1.6tdci mk3 focus :-)

Jamie

• Like 1

just got mine for 53.98 :-) not much of a saving but still.

Jamie

The filter will pay for itself over a years driving through savings in fuel and smoother running.

Its good to get any percentage of discount in the current climate mate, I'm happy with the results and the discount.

judging by the site i cant get one for a 1.8 petrol haha only 1.4, 1.6 and 2.0... seems slightly odd. ill have to email him lol

What shape is the filter alkys89

Jamie

My filter arrived today, will look to fitting it tomorrow and post some details for changing a filter on a Mk2 1.8 tdci.

mine is the same cylindrical shape as lennys and im pretty sure its the same filter... wudnt have thought there would be any difference between diesel n petrol filters?? unless the size is slightly differrent, which i doubt as that would mean ford having to work harder lol

Got around to fitting my filter last night, what a doddle.

Remove engine cover, undo jubilee clip on pipe, undo six Torx screws around the filter housing, swap filters and reverse.

My filter had no need to line up any notches, it just slipped in and seated perfectly.

About half the thickness of the original filter and an exact fit.

DSC_0053.jpg

Not sure if it was pshchological but the car seemed to be more responsive and revved easier.

Took it for a quich homeward thrash along the local A road and it was easier to get to legal ;) speeds.

Not sure if it was pshchological but the car seemed to be more responsive and revved easier.

Took it for a quich homeward thrash along the local A road and it was easier to get to legal ;) speeds.

Nice job Stoney,

You may notice more grunt from the exhaust in the coming weeks, or maybe not but I have noticed more growel in the lower revs in recent weeks I'm not sure if it was the DPF that's has been blown through by the increased induction or the bigger bore size after the dpf but the car has begun to sound better in the past 2-3 weeks.

I tell you one thing, it's not wishful thinking.

The car seems to have a lot less rolling resistance and appears to accelerate much smoother.

This added to my remap makes the car feel very slick.

Who needs an induction kit? Not me for sure.

I tell you one thing, it's not wishful thinking.

The car seems to have a lot less rolling resistance and appears to accelerate much smoother.

This added to my remap makes the car feel very slick.

Who needs an induction kit? Not me for sure.

I've gotten the same results with no rolling resistance on flat roads mate,

Used to need to push hard in first and quickly in to second to keep it moving but since fitting the filter its much smoother,

I've removed the slam plate yesterday to get it colour coded and to my surprise their is a snorkle that runs from the air box on the right side of the engine bay out to the front and across under the bonnet lock to the opposite side, I'll upload a picture when I can but its got a proper growell with the slam plae removed,

I may modify the snorkle section too.

Which would I need for my petrol 1.6 115bhp? I currently have a cheapo universal cone one.

Are these better than the K&N for example?

Which would I need for my petrol 1.6 115bhp? I currently have a cheapo universal cone one.

Are these better than the K&N for example?

Not sure mate, may be the same filter as the 1.6TDCi because when I removed my stock filter, the air box had 3 part numbers on it two said diesel and one said petrol.

And they claim to be better than K&N due to their unique manufacture process their is no glue smeared on the cotton restricting flow.

any ideas why the offer code is not working??

No

Perhaps forum intervention

I don't know for sure mate its just speculation from my mind but I do know for certain that if a company is making sales by offering 10% discount then they wouldn't stop the 10% off without other reason.

You could always email him directly mate then he could send you a paypal invoice or explain otherwise.

quick messege to all... Just spoke to ross and the offer still stands, he was just updating the website at the time.

I've ordered my air filter for the mk2.5 1.8ltr petrol... happy days :D

Just thought id put up a little update of my findings.

I've removed the slam panel to have it colour coded, and to my surprise their is a large snorkle pipe for the induction housing under the slam panel,

I always thought that the air was fed straight in to the airbox from the pipe directly in front of the induction box, I didn't realise it had such a distance to travel.

But the exhaust sounds better with the slam panel temperarely removed.

Which is causing me to consider removing the snorkle horizontal section to make it a straight feed but then if water got in I would be sorry lol.

Image2429.jpg

I'd like to hear some thoughts from owners with petrol engines. How are you guys getting on with this filter?

I'd like to hear some thoughts from owners with petrol engines. How are you guys getting on with this filter?

Same :)

purchased and fitted this filter.... no change in noise... no noticable change in power but when giving it some welly the gear change seems smoother... like when you change up a gear it doesnt struggle for air.... feels like there is no air restriction a car feels like it delivers power abit quicker... just my thoughts.

i have a 1.8 ltr petrol btw