Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Green Cotton Performance Induction Filter Fitting Guide

Lenny

recently installed this air filter and well impressed with the results, much smoother gong through the revs now not so much difference in noise (may have my music too loud haha)

well worth the buy

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

quick question guys, I was just about ready to follow this guide an buy one of these when I whipped off the airbox cover and had a peek inside, the filter was id say 95% good as new, bar a couple of leaves which I removed it was in almost mint condition, so my question is, would it still be worth the upgrade? im about to blank off the EGR as well but if its only a marginal improvement over its clean original is it really worth it?

quick question guys, I was just about ready to follow this guide an buy one of these when I whipped off the airbox cover and had a peek inside, the filter was id say 95% good as new, bar a couple of leaves which I removed it was in almost mint condition, so my question is, would it still be worth the upgrade? im about to blank off the EGR as well but if its only a marginal improvement over its clean original is it really worth it?

in any case the green filter offers a greater flow over stock,

As you can see in the comparison images on the first page of the thread

im sure my airbox is different than this and if im mistaken lenny isn't this a 1.6 tdci??

im sure my airbox is different than this and if im mistaken lenny isn't this a 1.6 tdci??

Yes it is a 1.6TDCi DV6 Euro 5

however

Mk2 1.6TDCi also came with a different airbox that takes a panel filter instead of the cyndrical shape,

Green manufactute for both model designs and gurantee an increase over stock.

Ahh minea euro 4. Before ordering I was going to have a look inside anyway just incase It was a panel :-) pretty sure my airbox has torx screws holding it in too

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Ahh minea euro 4. Before ordering I was going to have a look inside anyway just incase It was a panel :-) pretty sure my airbox has torx screws holding it in too

yeah has torx screws mate,

As far as i remember the torx screws dont come out completly, they unscrew as normal but you cant pull them off the lid,

They stay inside the lid,

Work mate has a 2007 1.6TDCi Euro4 Saloon, i blanked his EGR valve for him there a few months back and checked his air filter,

Thats how ive come to know,

But as said Green cover all fitments.

cool, i think im going to order one at the end of the month, would order it now but having frigga terra cleaned monday, and i have 3 birthdays this week, !Removed! family haha

cool, i think im going to order one at the end of the month, would order it now but having frigga terra cleaned monday, and i have 3 birthdays this week, !Removed! family haha

i dont do birthdays except for my missus snd kids lol

Have you blanked the EGR yet?

Its my mom dad n sisters. Cant really not lol. Nope lol :-(

Hi folks,

I've been hearing some good things about jetex filters, their quite a bit cheaper then these Green ones too.

I was wondering if you guys had any thoughts on them? and which, if any would fit, the green ones have a neck diameter of 67mm where as jetex is 65 or 70 not sure if that's a big issue or not, searching by car says only mk1 focus exist :wacko:

Im fairly new to all this car fun business, looks like there are some big divides in the community about the dangers of using them over paper, I guess from my point of view, I cant see how much more worse it is for the engine then lets say dumping exhaust gasses back in to the thing but hey-ho

My K&N replacement air filter was £37 from Eurocarparts via eBay. :)

could somebody just clarify for me that a mk2 1.6tdci is a panel filter and not the cone filter before i order one :D

I think it's a round filter but you'd be better off checking the existing one to be 100% sure.

Sent from my S5

Mines a mk2.5 1.6 tdci and round, little green chap going in today too :)

could somebody just clarify for me that a mk2 1.6tdci is a panel filter and not the cone filter before i order one :D

yes it is a panel filter mate,

If it looks different to the one in the guide then its a panel,

yeh i checked on compatibility guide, gone with K&N as it was a bit cheaper, still going to be better than the original, and yeh len my panel cover is different to yours in guide.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Which filter would I need for a mk4 58 plate mondeo 2.2 diesel?

Which filter would I need for a mk4 58 plate mondeo 2.2 diesel?

Should be listed on the website linked on first page of the guide

Should be listed on the website linked on first page of the guide

cant see any for a 2.2

can see 2.0, 2.3 and 2.5

cant see any for a 2.2

can see 2.0, 2.3 and 2.5

If you contact Ross im sure he will know the correct one,

He supplys the Green Cotton Induction Filters email: ross@tdcautomotive.com

• 2 months later...

can anyone point me in the right direction for a mk2 focus facelift 1.8 petrol

• Like 1

can anyone point me in the right direction for a mk2 focus facelift 1.8 petrol

Hmm i see your point there mate according to Ross'es listings the Mk2 doesmt have a 1.8 petrol,

Perhaps its the same as the 1.6tdci cyndrical filter as its also in the RS focus.

Can you post a p8cture or contact Ross on the website linked in page 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club