Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2004 Ford Fiesta Stereo Change

RB94

Hi,

Just recently bought a 2004 Ford Fiesta as my first car and it has its default Stereo in it, and i want to put my own stereo in. I was was just wondering if anybody could help me becasue its not simple taking the default one out, because there is jax to take it out its just screws

Thanks alot, RB94

My fester is a 2008 but my stereo still hasn't been replaced as still waiting for the ex-husband to help me out and get me the ford keys to take the radio out. Apparently can't do it without them?

I did mention that, probably order the wrong ones though knowing me!!

Hmmmm I am not sure... mine is a Mk6. It's a Ford 6000 with the big volume button in the middle.

Price is waaaay cheap, so seriously annoyed that I have waited almost 4 months for the sake of a few quid!!!

Sorry to derail the thread!!

Yep that's my stereo! I have a really good sony stereo that I haven't had very long from my Golf.

So I bought the plastic adaptor thing to go in, but obviously I can't do anything until I can get the stereo out! Using the ipod via the aux is doing my head in!

Righto,

To remove the old radio, use the keys in the 4 slots pushed in with the flat parts of the loops inwards, you'll feel them lock into place.

radio1.jpg

To disengage the radio clamps pull the keys slightly inwards towards each other and draw the radio forwards.

The keys lock into the clamps so to release then you need to pull the clamps with a nail or screwdriver out of the key notches.

Pull out the aerial cable and remove the quadlock connector by presing in the small clip and rotating the large clip out to release the hooks.

images2.jpg

So my husband has taken 4 months to still not do something you just did in 2 mins?

Ha ha thanks Clive. I am gonna do it myself and show him up!

So will the keys you linked to before work with this one hun?

Indeed they will.

I'm always being told I only take 2 minutes to do anything, but that's a story for a different time and place ;)

Thanks a million. All ordered!

2 mins is a lot better than 30 seconds so I wouldn't worry!

2 mins is a lot better than 30 seconds so I wouldn't worry!

110 seconds of that is getting my socks off ;)

Well I have just attempted this and failed miserably. Couldn't get the stereo out!! The air is rather blue in my car right now!

What was the stumbling block?

More advice available if needed hun.

I just couldn't pull the stereo out! My skinny girlie fingers are so sore from the metal keys :(

Once the keys are in fully, just pull towards you while putting outward presure on the keys .

You should feel the catches disengage.

If it helps try working on the left hand ones and then the right hand ones.

The keys can be a bit hard on the fingers.

I had to admit defeat and get the ex to do it :( however now I have my sony stereo back and mega happy!

Thanks for all the help Clive :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club