Do Not Sell My Personal Information

51 Plate Tdci Diesel

Dean29

Hi

Just bought a 51 plate tdci and discoverd a couple of problems.

When I drive along and reach 3000 revs the car holds back and picks up again like it chokes itself. What could that be ?

Also so the key is very worn down and at times struggle to turn the ignition on would I need to replace the whole barrel and key or could I get a new key ?

Thanks

I'm not sure about the engine trouble, when was it last serviced?

With regards to the key, is it like this?-

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=140826519073

If so go to any decent key place or locksmiths and they should be able to read your key by eye and recut a new blade for it.

By looking at the angles of the key blade you can calculate a number that will produce an exact copy of it.

Look here on how to read the key-

http://www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=52278

Yes that's the key the fob buttons don't work either is that something that has to be programmed for a new key ?

If the key starts the car them the transponder is ok, you will most likely need to replace the battery and reprogramme the fob to the central locking system, it's an easy job and the instructions are usually in the owners handbook.

If not them the procedure is well posted on the web and on this forum on many topics.

Turn key in ignition from 0 to II and back four times in five seconds and you should hear a tone or the immobiliser light will come on solid.

Press any button on the key within twenty seconds and then remove from the ignition and the light will start flashing again once the learning mode exits.

Just bought a diesel 51 plate myself, mine done 105000 miles how about you? I paid £1000

I got a 51 plate tdci and paid nothing done a straight swap for a bmw 320i petrol and got most of my ford problems sorted and found out the main issue all is good !

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club