Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 2009 1.6 Zetec

flyman

Hi all, am new to the forum.

When i first get in the car start it up and move off, after about 10 secs there is a slight knock

after this you dont hear it again, its only when the car has stopped and turnt off and run again.

I have only had the car 3mths like an idiot the warranty has run out and its done it since i've had it.

Idont think its nothing serious just annoying. thanks.

Hi all, am new to the forum.

When i first get in the car start it up and move off, after about 10 secs there is a slight knock

after this you dont hear it again, its only when the car has stopped and turnt off and run again.

I have only had the car 3mths like an idiot the warranty has run out and its done it since i've had it.

Idont think its nothing serious just annoying. thanks.

Welcome to the forum,

Let me be the first to tell you the knock after 10 seconds is perfectly normal and available on every focus.

This is your ABS brakes testing themselves on start up.

My 2010 mk2.5 does this every time I start the car since the day I bought it in 2010 absolutly nothing to worry about.

Whenever you get a momment join photobucket or a similar image hosting site, upload some pictures of your motor and link them to the forum,

Also check out DMB graphics for some ford badge overlays to suit your taste.

You may also like to view some of my guides in the list below this post most are available in pdf format for easy download and printing if required making them even easier to follow.

Welcome to the forum,

Let me be the first to tell you the knock after 10 seconds is perfectly normal and available on every focus.

This is your ABS brakes testing themselves on start up.

My 2010 mk2.5 does this every time I start the car since the day I bought it in 2010 absolutly nothing to worry about.

Whenever you get a momment join photobucket or a similar image hosting site, upload some pictures of your motor and link them to the forum,

Also check out DMB graphics for some ford badge overlays to suit your taste.

You may also like to view some of my guides in the list below this post most are available in pdf format for easy download and printing if required making them even easier to follow.

Thats brilliant thanks Lenny, i was going to take it too the garage, when i get 10mins i'll put some pics up of motor.

Thats brilliant thanks Lenny, i was going to take it too the garage, when i get 10mins i'll put some pics up of motor.

No problem mate,

Sometimes you won't hear the clunk, it depends on how quickly you start to move after starting the engine.

I reverse out of my driveway so I don't notice it as much.

But when parked some place and moving fowards after start up, then I notice it more. Part of the package though lol terrible to think that by purchasing the car we have paid for this safety check feature lol.

No problem mate,

Sometimes you won't hear the clunk, it depends on how quickly you start to move after starting the engine.

I reverse out of my driveway so I don't notice it as much.

But when parked some place and moving fowards after start up, then I notice it more. Part of the package though lol terrible to think that by purchasing the car we have paid for this safety check feature lol.

Thats right mate, apparently some focuses dont make the noise it seems to be the newer models.

noise happens on both the mk2 and 2.5 and some mk1s

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club