Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Can't Touch The Android.. Help!!

Brigante

Right ladies and gents, has anyone on the forums got any experience with android mobiles? Particularly Samsung galaxy ace's?

Only had the thing a few months n every feature started to die one by one, first was internet bookmarks menu, if i clicked it, the screen would turn black for a few seconds, then white, then reload the home page.

Next was apps, photobucket for instance. If I tried to upload a photo from my media albums, same thing would happen once I selected the photo n clicked upload, screen went black, then white, then goes back to my media album.

Next thing was calls, if I tried to make a phone call, soon as I tapped the call button, the screen would do the same thing n go back to the homescreen. This was the last straw so I decided to do a factory data reset.

Except now I've got a bigger problem, I can't use it at all. I turn it on, it comes up with the touch the android screen. I touch the android, it acknowledges my touch by lighting up, but doesn't do anything else. The emergency dialer n change language menu's work.

But touching the android does nothing, n to really take the pee, after a white a hand appears physically showing me how to touch the android when I've been doing it repeatably.

Searched all over google, seems to be a very common problem. Some people say do a hard reset by holding the power on button along with the home screen button, tried this, doesn't work. Just powers up n shows me the same screen.

A lot of people say touch all 4 corners of the screen in a clockwise motion starting with the top left working the way round. Tried this, doesn't work. Getting fed up of reading all the pages of people on google saying to touch the 4 corners n seeing youtube videos of it working, but it's not working for me.

Anyone on here got any advice? Got enough stress as it is lately without not having a phone.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brigante

• Preee

• Stoney871

• k13r4n

Sounds like a duff touch screen.

It's not picking up your touch properly.

May be a loose ribbon connector or a crap screen.

Have you any phone repair places around that can replace a screen?

don't think its the screen though cause it will acknowledge my touch by the android lighting up, i can touch the emergency dialer n type numbers into it, i can touch the change language n scroll through the languages n select them, n if i press the power off button a message will pop up n ask if i wanna turn it off so i can tap yes which it acknowledges by turning off. So basically I can touch every point of the screen n it will work. But it won't let me into the set up menu.

Touching the 4 corners doesn't work like it says to countless times on google, but if i was to go on the emergency dialer n tap the corners then, it will acknowledge it by dialing the numbers.

A lot off people also say about clearing the cache, but how do I do this when I can't get into the phone to do so?

Just tried this on my daughters Galaxy Ace.

Hold Center button in , then press and hold power button , when you see writing appear release Power button then menu button.

It should then be in reset mode , well it was on hers.

From there i could reset cache , reset to factory settings and wipe partition.

Of course you would lost all information on the internal memory of the phone, and have you synced your contacts with google , if they are not on your sim card you may lose them too.

Falling that then you could try Kies there is an option in the menu of Kies to reflash the phone.

Falling that then you could try Kies there is an option in the menu of Kies to reflash the phone.

Now why didn't I think of that?

If you haven't installed Kies you should be able to find it online.

Just tried this on my daughters Galaxy Ace.

Hold Center button in , then press and hold power button , when you see writing appear release Power button then menu button.

It should then be in reset mode , well it was on hers.

From there i could reset cache , reset to factory settings and wipe partition.

Of course you would lost all information on the internal memory of the phone, and have you synced your contacts with google , if they are not on your sim card you may lose them too.

How long do I hold the centre button in before doing the power on button mate? n what text do you mean? Because when I do it, the only text that shows up is when it says ' Samsung galaxy ace gt-s5830i' then just says Samsung, then shows the touch the android screen. Tried it several times n the hard reset just isn't working. I've tried doing so with my memory card in, without the card in, with the sim card in, without the sim card in, with both cards in, with no cards in.

gonna try kies now. but when i tried connecting the phone to the laptop earlier, laptop bonged to acknowledge I'd plugged it in, but don't show up in my computer or anything.

HTC is the way forward guys lol sounds like a duff phone I would try the above methods or google a soft reset for your phone if neither work get it back to the shop coz it will be goosed

1 - turn phone off.

2 - hold down home button.

3 - whilst still holding down home button hold the power button down to turn phone on.

4 - when you see Samsung logo let go off power button but keep holding home button.

5 - when you see recovery menu can let go of home button.

1 - turn phone off.

2 - hold down home button.

3 - whilst still holding down home button hold the power button down to turn phone on.

4 - when you see samsung logo let go off power button but keep holding home button.

5 - when you see recovery menu can let go of home button.

just done exactly that mate,still holding holding the home button, the Samsung logo just stays on for !Removed! ages lol, eventually the phone vibrates n goes to the touch android screen. never let go of the home button n theres no sign of any recovery menu

Android Phone's are the most Robust phones you can get , and are very hard to brick !

If you can not get into recovery mode , then a good search on XDA forums should direct you into installing Clockwork Mod via ODIN to reset your phone

right after kies taking ages to install, then when it finally installed, sayiing a new version was available, so after ages updating too new version, I connect the phone, then it says 'unable to connect to gt-s5830i.failed to receive device information'

Try holding center button , and volume up button then press power button.

Release power button when you see logo

Keeping holding other two buttons

You should then see RAM status , this is download mode try connecting to PC in this mode.

If this fails then your going to have to go down the ODIN method and install Clockwork recovery.

Full details are on XDA forums on how to do this.

right, doing the volume up n home button, it's popped up with system recovery, giving these options:

reboot system now

apply data update from sdcard

wipe/data/factory reset

wipe cache partition

I take it this is the menu i wanted when I was just pressing the home n power button? whys it showed up now that i've done the volume button also?

according to the xda site, the download menu is the volume down button not up.

nether the less, now i'm in the recovery menu, which option should i try 1st?

Try the cache Partition first , if that does not solve it after a reboot go back and reset factory settings and reboot.

wiped cache, do i just turn it off now then turn back off as normal?

Select the reboot option and press menu button , did you press the menu button after you selected wipe cacache?

yes it says cache wipe complete, gonna reboot now

right, cache wiped, rebooted, and its back to the touch the android screen. still can't touch it, n touching the 4 corners still dont work either.

gonna attempt factory reset now

factory reset complete, still the same result. does it matter if the simcard is or isn't in?

i don't think it matter's TBH , sounds like a Hardware fault , the only other option now would be to Use ODIN and reflash the Firmware.

You did try and take battery out for a few minutes ?

trying to get into download menu by holding volume down button, home n power button then releasing power button on Samsung logo, but it doesn't work, so i can't put in download menu to connect the phone to kies, if i put it in the system recovery menu, kies won't detect the phone at all to even try to connect to it.

looking on xda forums theres that many links to odin reflash, how do i know which to use?

is this what i need?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1465599

reading the comments for it, no ones tested it to know if it works or not

what program do i need to open the clockwork mod file with? downloaded it but i cant open it

It's got to be worth a try if the phone is currently not working, unless its still under warranty and if it is then i would return it.