Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Change Speedometer Color? Any Guide?

FocusMK2

Hello all.. someone know how to change speedometer color?

Basic color : GREEN

mgrAIkfQyvVhs-12uVoO7sw.jpg

Please share..

There are companies that will change the led's for any colour but involve you sending the Speedo unit to them and waiting a couple of weeks.

I'd love to do this too, although I reckon it might look a bit silly if you just do the instrument cluster but not the centre console, the electric window buttons, etc, etc.

Would love to do the lot of it but don't have the time or energy for all that at the moment!

you need SMD LEDs in your chosen colour and soldering skills to solder the replacement to the instrument

ive seen them in blue and if im honest it looks ridiculous as it matches nothing else and i wont pay close to 300 pounds to have all the switch leds converted you can do it youreself but have to be pretty good at desoldering etc which im not

I have changed my cluster from green to white..almost everything including the light switches, window switches, mirror controls, the radio buttons, the temperature control and heated screen switches are now white, although the radio display remains red. Everything apart from the radio are nice to look at. I should have kept the radio button as red as white is not that clear. I have an instruction manuals for the cluster, which I suggest where you should start first. After that the rest are easy, apart from the light switches. You have to be very careful with the light switches as they are a nightmare to dismantle and put back together. I do not want to encourage you doing it but do so at your own risk as the cluster and other circuit boards requires a lot of patience and gentle handling. Therefore please do so at your own risk. I converted mine a over year ago, it gives my car a fresh look made it feel like a new car inside.

Ed

1.6 TDCI 54 reg

JohnH did a good guide here:

But if your no good at soldering, don't even think about it lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club