Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My St / Rs Mk2 Build Up. Project Phenomenal!

Jager King

Looks like i wont be unplugging it then lol. :ph34r:

Unless you're treble jointed with wrists like twigs I reckon you'll need to.

Have you checked your handbook for the code card?

I didn't get a handbook so no card i'm afraid......plus i have big stupid hands.....hmmm sounds like its gonna be a bit of a challenge.....will have a go tomorrow. :ph34r:

Weird, I could pull both mine and my friends gauge pod out with my hands.

Didn't need to touch the radio, both my ST & RS headunits just pulls out with the 4 keys.

Code can be gotten for £3 from a guy on eBay.

Wheels spacers, I bought from my friend when he sold his Rs.

• 5 months later...

She looks a mean machine!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Awesome build, just looked through the thread at all the excellent pics. Top job!:)

• Like 1

Read the first and last pages, then went back to red the lot. Well worth it. Great build, I'm sure I'm not the only person envious of this project!

• Like 3

Wow! What a stunning car. You've done an amazing job. I'm very jealous!

• Like 1

how did you manage to paint the inside of the headlight? there was a question on this forum the other day asking if the headlights could be opened and you might just have the answer!

You can lightly bake a Headlight in the oven to break the glue of the lens, remove and then do what you need, then reseal it with tiger seal.

You can lightly bake a Headlight in the oven to break the glue of the lens, remove and then do what you need, then reseal it with tiger seal.

this thread says you cant open them but i know of someone who had theirs painted back

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/74922-split-mk2-headlights/

(I won't comment on plate legalities though) :)

LoL these are old pics, I'm running "legal" spaced ones now. Although the anpr had no problems reading either plate. It's a silly law, as long as they are the correct size & font, spacing them shouldn't matter.

glad I managed to avoid a £100 fine though..

how did you manage to paint the inside of the headlight? there was a question on this forum the other day asking if the headlights could be opened and you might just have the answer!

I had a friend open them for me as I tried with a cheap broken set and failed. ( It was taking too much time and patience, neither of which I had lol )

I then customised them a little and installed devil eyes, which work off a remote. Isn't to everyone's taste but they can easily be switched off & the reaction from people's faces when no ones in the car is priceless :D

http://youtu.be/fGUYrY7IQ4Q

that just reminds me of the Transformers! how did you do that or shall i ask what did you use?

• Like 1

Those headlights are brilliant! Got any more mods planned?

I really need to get myself to a Ford show one day. Although my focus would remained parked round the corner in shame at the condition it is in :(

• Like 1

I believe there's just a LED strip nicely hidden between the lens and the bulb, projecting the light out...and then it's just a matter of how many effects can your LED controller handle :) ... I have similar system installed in my living room behind the TV :) ... looks awesome on the car though ;) ...and of course, it's controlled by remote, you can sit in your car and switch effects as you ride :)

• Like 1

Like scorpion i have this installed behind my TV sort of emulating the old PHILIPS AMBILIGHT system....also behind my pc monitor.

It looks impressive on your car but not my cup of tea as i am too old lol......10/10 for effort tho. :)

There has been a few debates on some RS forums about st/rs conversions....mostly negative, and i have posted a link to this thread a few times showing how it is properly done, and to also show the amount of work involved in doing one, as some seem to think people just chuck a couple of bumpers on and spoiler/vents and away they go lol. :ph34r:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Those headlights are brilliant! Got any more mods planned?

I really need to get myself to a Ford show one day. Although my focus would remained parked round the corner in shame at the condition it is in :(

Selling my Rs turbo and internals and going for a 500bhp set up with screamer pipe then I promise I'm done lol never be ashamed of your car man :)

• Like 1

That's correct ScorpionSX :)

It's only for shows though.. and my entertainment whilst I'm not in the car haha certainly gets the attention of people lol

You can't please everyone Mark, people will always hate, especially on that club and not just with replica's either I've heard, so I tend not to post anything on it.

However I have been contacted & added on Facebook by many Rs members worldwide giving me praise & even asking if I'd do some mods to their cars.

Fast Ford also posted a few of my pics I had, and even though it got a few thousand likes, I was pleased to see most of the comments were positive.

So the triple r splitter never lasted long due to a huge ratchet strap being left right in the middle of the road. I ordered another but this time it's the modified road version which is better :)

Trying out the new car scented cleansing and sanitizing mist, was fun :)

image_zps1hwqnw4v.jpeg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club