Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Streetka Ignition Lag/unresponsive Help!

Bekkax

Hi all, new to this so bare with me!

I have had my Streetka for just over a year now and it has been running sweet until about two weeks ago. I went to the petrol station and filled her, went to drive away and noticed that the petrol needle hadnt moved. Pulled over, it took 15 minutes for the needle to register a full tank.

I went to restart engine before continuing on my journey and usually as soon as the ignition is on the fuel needle pops up and the mileage is displayed. Instead, there is about a 20 second lag until this happens. If I start the car before waiting for the mileage etc to be displayed, the rev counter and speedo also will not work for about 20 seconds.

I have also found that when I turn the radio on in the car it displays the "1 hour" message, and will turn itself off after being on for an hour.

I've had the alternator replaced in May this year, and it was re-checked last week - nothing wrong with it. The battery in the car seems to be okay also, running at the usual 12v and isnt decharging while driving.

Sorry for all the rambling on but does anyone have any idea what it could be or had similar problems? Its really annoying me and just starting to worry that shes going to die on me and I rely so heavily on my car!

Hi all, new to this so bare with me!

I have had my Streetka for just over a year now and it has been running sweet until about two weeks ago. I went to the petrol station and filled her, went to drive away and noticed that the petrol needle hadnt moved. Pulled over, it took 15 minutes for the needle to register a full tank.

I went to restart engine before continuing on my journey and usually as soon as the ignition is on the fuel needle pops up and the mileage is displayed. Instead, there is about a 20 second lag until this happens. If I start the car before waiting for the mileage etc to be displayed, the rev counter and speedo also will not work for about 20 seconds.

I have also found that when I turn the radio on in the car it displays the "1 hour" message, and will turn itself off after being on for an hour.

I've had the alternator replaced in May this year, and it was re-checked last week - nothing wrong with it. The battery in the car seems to be okay also, running at the usual 12v and isnt decharging while driving.

Sorry for all the ram

bling on but does anyone have any idea what it could be or had similar problems? Its really annoying me and just starting to worry that shes going to die on me and I rely so heavily on my car!

Hi welcome to the forum.

It seems their is a lag in all of the sensors or atleast the fuel and the ignition feed to the stereo.

This could be caused by a loose earth feed or the GEM.

The GEM is seperate to the ECU but it reads all sensors and gives out readings o the dials etc.

It controls all parimeters in the cars electronics, may be best to ask ford about this one unless others can diagnose.

Thanks for your reply! Il definitely have to get that checked out - it is driving me absolutely mental!

Thanks for your reply! Il definitely have to get that checked out - it is driving me absolutely mental!

No problem,

Some car problems can be easily diagnosed on here and solved easily, such engine stalling and wipers coming on by themselves when the car is parked up and engine off.

But unfortunitly the problem you are currently experiencing; nobody on here has had the experience so ford is the only option but as said it won't effect the running of the car as its not ECU related.

Hope its sorted cheaply and easily for you when diagnosed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club