• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brigante

• Stoney871

• k13r4n

• talksy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But as a man of the law (notice I didn't use copper or any derogatory term) you should be setting an example to all of the younger motorist like myself

If you read the post i do say i wear mine-

Even though I'm generally exempt I still wear mine anytime the vehicle is moving.

There are times of operational requirement when i don't, for that i have an exemption and can choose to disregard the seatbelt law but only once i have carried out the appropriate personal risk assessment.

Personally i prefer my face still attached to my head. :D

Don't you have them standard on yer Ghia?

Pretty sure I do. Will take a photo when I go to put money in the parking meter in a few hours...

Nope mate pretty sure I don't. Would have thought it was standard but appears not to be the case.

Don't tell me your ghia trumps mine :(

Yup get a photo up mate

I understand that there are time in your job where a seatbelt would be a hindrance (big word for me) and its good to see you set an example and if only every police officer was had that attitude to their job they would probably get a bit more respect

Ok guys remember I asked about getting a remap noticed Clive has 1 did you have to uprate anything ie clutch cooling systems injectors etc

My remap required no modifications at all.

Thinking of a bigger intercooler at some point though just to give it a little bit more push.

GSM here's what my unit looks like:

2012-09-20001256_zps3b5fa362.jpg

k13r4n I let Clive take this one as he actually has a remap n I don't lol. But all I was gonna say is yup you don't need any extra modifications. However, if you are thinking about doing any more performance upgrades, do em before the remap.

I'm assuming you have a diesel n not a petrol? May have asked this before.

Yeah your assumption is correct 1.6 tdci 110bhp

Yeah your assumption is correct 1.6 tdci 110bhp

In that case a remap would be worth it

But if you had a petrol like me :unsure: a remap would be pointless cause it would be a few hundred quid for a very little gain in bhp of about 4 or 5 if that. But with a diesel it's definitely worth doing

A remap is highly recommended.

My 1.8 tdci went from 115bhp to an average of 148bhp.

Very noticeable and makes for a smoother/punchier drive.

The low rev flat spot has been reduced to nothing and the engine sounds happier too.

A remap is highly recommended.

My 1.8 tdci went from 115bhp to an average of 148bhp.

Very noticeable and makes for a smoother/punchier drive.

The low rev flat spot has been reduced to nothing and the engine sounds happier too.

Getting some major digs in now mate.. :( :unsure:

Not in the least mate.

Just providing advice to fellow forum users.

Lmao I know mate. Am just playing. Sometimes I do wish I'd have got a deisel now though but like I said at the time of buying, all the deisels I looked at seemed to need the turbo replacing so this put me off. Also, deisels I've drove in the past all sounded too much of a tractor for my liking.

I was quoted 340 pound for a 21 bhp gain taking it to 131 bhp bit I am not sure as I'm wanting tolook into getting the new st fiesta

• 5 weeks later...

You will most likely have to run a cable to the headlight switch as shown in the guide, mine had a wire going to the led circuit but turned out it was dead :(

Haz,do you have any images of that wire? I want to see if mine already has one or not.

You will most likely have to run a cable to the headlight switch as shown in the guide, mine had a wire going to the led circuit but turned out it was dead :(

I took my light out the other day and found it had two different cables attached to it...

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

Does it look like I already have the wires? I know they might not be activated, but might be worth a try?

These are the wires which run up my a pillar:

dashcam_wire.jpg

Hi mate, do you mean the led circuit wire? If so then you don't appear to have the one I had. It was attached to the copper pin section next to the socket with two wires going to it. Can be seen in my guide to submarine lighting which pin needs to be connected

You will also need to solder a bridge to the neg feed to complete the circuit once the LEDs are in.

The wire to the headlight switch that I added runs down the drivers side A pillar but the one i had attached already was part of the loom so would have been very hard to trace back.

For more info as said above check out the guide, any questions do ask :)

Hi, yes LED was what I meant. What a pain. Ok, I could run cables like you, but have not had the car long, so don't want to mess things up. Might leave it a bit. Coming from a car that had them built in, I am lost at night lol can't see anything inside of the car.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club