Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fin Aerial

GoldenLeaf

Has anyone added a fin aerial to their Focus like this one?

I am not bothered about it reducing reception as I never listen to the radio in my car.

Also if anyone knows of where to get a functional fin aerial for a Focus that is painted to match the colour of the car let me know :)

Lenny might be able to help, I done a quick photoshop for him several months ago, he might still have it the picture I done.

Have a read about half way down this page:

http://www.fordowner...ial#entry209688

Another member tried fitting a shark fin aerial, only to find the reception was really crap. This is the post your looking for:

'tried and failed the reception was crap sent it back to the seller and its not designed to fit theres a locating hole for the ford base but no locating pin on the shark fin you could whack a load of sealant in but i didnt like the way it sat'

What you may like is a short aerial manufactured by richbrook with the ford logo printed on the side:

http://www.priracing...0/0/ford-aerial

And quoting Lenny: 'And if you purchase it from priracing.com you can get 20% discount off the cost price by entering Discount Code: richbrook20'

tried it and as said the main issue is the locating hole that the original base sits in the shark fin covers it but the seal is poor and its very easy to end up wih a leak you could silicone it i suppose if you wanted to go down that route but it looks weird on the front of the car and just doesnt work look wise and the reception was poor you can convert youre original ariel if youre not bothered about reception

pull the rubber tip off immersing it in hot water helps then cut the ariel to size what ever size you want then add a dab of glue into the rubber tip and push it back on instant cheap bee sting ariel

Personally I think the shark fin aerials only look ok if they are mounted on the rear end of the roof. They dont look right on the front at all.

I bought a richbrook stubby aerial with the Ford logo on but as I use the radio a lot, I found the reception pretty awful, so thats lying in my garage somewhere now.

Personally I think the shark fin aerials only look ok if they are mounted on the rear end of the roof. They dont look right on the front at all.

I bought a richbrook stubby aerial with the Ford logo on but as I use the radio a lot, I found the reception pretty awful, so thats lying in my garage somewhere now.

I'll give that a miss then lol

Was just about to thank Charlie for the helpful post (well it still was helpful, so, thanks Charlie) but I may also give it a miss if its not going to work too well, as its not the best looking aerial imo. I would prefer the fin, however it seems like it will be too much hassle, and I defiantly don't want the potential for a leak. I think I may go for this for it looks nice and compact, probs won't sound good, but as I said before I don't ever listen to the radio, just CDs.

Just read your mod thread Charlie up to the last post on the 17th. Looking really nice, especially the ST bumper and spoiler, I am jealous. Might get some of them myself, though I am not looking at totally replicating an ST like yourself. I am also looking at tinting my windows and can't find the climaer focus window blinds which were mentioned in your mod thread, but I might just want them actually tinted anyway.

I will start my own mod thread as soon as I get my bulbs Osram :D So look out for that in the next few days...

Concerning the aerial I just remembered the recent discussion on them (the thread I linked above) and remembered the richbrook aerial being linked there. Personally I wouldn't know of it's quality.

Lol you read right through my thread? That must have been a !Removed! long read

Concerning the aerial I just remembered the recent discussion on them (the thread I linked above) and remembered the richbrook aerial being linked there. Personally I wouldn't know of it's quality.

Lol you read right through my thread? That must have been a !Removed! long read

Yeah it was, but really interesting :) Thanks for sharing dude.

Lool cheers, must have took you a while. It goes back many months

Well thats never happened before. I mentioned the Richbrook aerial that is in my garage and Rh1no PM's me to buy it.

If your reading this mate, I posted it to you yesterday and messaged you the Paypal details to make payment to. If not you can send a cheque to the address in the message.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club