Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 1.4 Engine With Auto Why Not 1.6?

mark277239

Hi,

Anyone know why the Fiesta Zetec Auto is only coupled to a 1.4 litre engine.

Thought they could get away with a 1.6 at least.

But there must be some power/size/torque/physical size reason.

Anyone

Ah yes very good point! The Focus 1.6 Auto (which we had) was always a bit thirsty.

Ford never used to put auto boxes in the sportier engined models. Seems they havent changed that in the last 30 years.

The Fiesta will be getting the 1.6 with an auto gear box next year. But it wont be the current 120 bhp. They have dropped it to 100 bhp. It will also be the first UK fiesta with Ford's new PowerShift box.

Cost... as far as I'm aware, the engine range was largely carried over from the Mk6, so they've probably been using the 1.4/auto combo for a while in the Fez and they won't spend money developing another auto for the 1.6. The autos aren't massive sellers either, so Ford probably felt the 1.4 was enough at the time.

My girlfriend has a 1.4 titanium auto and i must say its crap on fuel. cant get anymore than 37...thats on a long run. think thats why shes taking delivery of a brand new fiat 500 twinair :). but yeah auto cars in general tend to be worse on fuel than manual versions.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club