Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diesel Particle Filter Fluid

Chelsea Blue

Hi guys

New to the forum, so go easy on me.

We have a 2006 (55 plate) Ford Focus Sport TDCI Duratorq with diesel particle filter. 40,000 miles

The engine management light and red cog light have illumiated on the dashboard.

My usual mechanic has checked and confimed that the particle filter fluid is very low and needs topping up and regenarating. We know this fluid is very expensive and we need about 3 litres. He has been quoted by Ford £240.00 + Vat for the complete kit including tubing etc. This sounds a lot of money to me, when a friend of a friend reckons Ford charge around £40.00 per litre when they do the work plus a ecu reset for about £200+ vat.all in. Can anybody confirm this?

Does anybody know, how much fluid comes with this kit as my friend of a friend says it's 5 litres and thats why it's so much.?

Also does anybody know which fluid they use and apparently there are two types 'Infinium' or 'DPX' and they are not interchangable.? I tried to ask Ford and all they the guy could give me was a number M99C127A1. Does anybody reconigse this number.

Thanks in advance

i worked for volvo and there 1.6 diesels required the EOYLS topping up, evert 3rd/4th service and its not a clean job. once the fluid has been topped up the ADM (additive dosing module) need to be reset so it know its been topped up and that the additive tank is full.

the kit that volvo do is enough to do 2.5 cars and if i recall its about 3-5 litters

• 2 weeks later...

Found the following link for DPX, which states ok for Ford

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pat-Fluid-DPX-42-176-EOLYS-1-litre-/260686386243?clk_rvr_id=407754440110

This product is suitable as an aftermarket replacement for the following part numbers:

• Eolys Fluid
  • Eolys DPX 42
  • Eolys 176
  • Peugeot/Citroen Particulate Fluid 973665
  • Peugeot/Citroen Particulate Fluid 997995
  • Peugeot/Citroen Particulate Fluid 973685
  • Peugeot/Citroen Particulate Fluid 973686
  • Peugeot/Citroen Particulate Fluid C973685
  • Peugeot/Citroen Particulate Fluid C973686
  • Ford Particulate Fluid 1337646

hi i feel your pain i have a 2008 1.6tdci focus i bought almost 2 yrs ago and ive just hit the 75,000 miles and unfortunatly i have the same dpf filter as you. the fluid is kept in a separate tank and every time you add diesel it knows how much to add to the tank this fluid needs toppped up at around 37,500 miles and then at 75.000 it gets replaced at the lovely cost of £450 from arnold clark.it can only be topped up once and then must be replaced so every 37,000 miles your going to be paying ouy money for something you dont even need in the car, ford dont put this type of dpf in their cars anymore because of the cost to the customer but you can buy the fluid online in eBay which will help you this time although it will need reset by a garage good luck hope i helped

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your responses guys. Things have developed since my last post. I bit the bullet and went to the stealership in the end to ensure the correct fluid was added at a cost of £150 for fluid and resetting, which was ok.

The wife informed me earlier today, only 3 weeks later, that the red light and engine management light have come on again and the car has gone into limp mode. I spoke with the stealership and they don't know why that has happened ,but mentioned something about a forced regeneration. Sounds expensive to me!!! Surely when they reset the fluid level, the machine would have told them, if a regeneration was required.

I'm worried that they might say that the DPF needs replacing, to cover there asses!!!

How much should a forced regeneration cost?

Anybody know how much a new DPF Filter would cost ( I am sat down!!! ) should it be the worst case senerio.

Cheers in advance

I believe there has been a recent thread on here regarding the removal of the DPF . It may be worth having a look or perhaps one of the guys on here might know the title of the thread.I`ll probably go down that route as I get close to the mileage.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club