Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help!!!! Washer Jets....

jodie1990

Can someone help me please?? I went to knowsley safari park at the weekend and the monkeys pinched my washer jets (i only think thats what they are - the black plastic things that are on the bonnet???). I have looked online to replace them but cant find any for my car after the 2009 make. I have a ford fiesta edge 11 plate. I dont want to take it to a garage as they will charge me rediculous prices!!

Please can someone help :-(

Thanks

Can someone help me please?? I went to knowsley safari park at the weekend and the monkeys pinched my washer jets (i only think thats what they are - the black plastic things that are on the bonnet???). I have looked online to replace them but cant find any for my car after the 2009 make. I have a ford fiesta edge 11 plate. I dont want to take it to a garage as they will charge me rediculous prices!!

Please can someone help :-(

Thanks

I persume the jets are the Mist type and they are available to purchase from eBay.

I'm finding it hard to believe this though because if monkeys or any moving matter managed to firstly grip then secondly remove the jets without also gripping them from under the bonnet, then the surrounding bonnet area would be subjected to buckleing aswell resulting in I'll fitment of the replacment parts.

Its true!! They nearly had my windscreen wipers too!! Hmmm....so could my car be in danger if they gave just ripped them out?? Sounds like i better pay garage prices abd have it checked!!

I doubt you'd have damage to the pipes or connections unless they were the heated washers.

The nozzles from the whole Ford range will fit as they're all exactly the same.

They are either jet or mister types and either heated or unheated.

Seeing as the mister type are the preferred ones now you just as well get some whether your car had them to start with or not.

That just leaves you to figure out whether they were heated or not.

If you have a wire with an oval socket on the end near the washer holes then it's a safe bet they were heated.

well pay peanuts get ......................................................

i remember when the little gits done mine,twas a nissan cherry zx turbo,they took the rubber piping out of mine aswell.

still not as funny as watching some yank in a brand new caddilac,vinyl roof wooden sides etc.he came out in a Shell. :o :D :D :D :D :D :D

Stoney you are a star!!! Non heated they are :-) thanks so much for your help!! Gregers.....i guess its our own fault for driving through though seeing as there is actually a warning!!!

You are very welcome.

As long as I've been of some help I'm a happy camper. :D

Stoney you are a star!!! Non heated they are :-) thanks so much for your help!! Gregers.....i guess its our own fault for driving through though seeing as there is actually a warning!!!

was it longleat by chance??

i wouldve gone through in there bus,but as i drove up i had to use my car.

daft rule that is.

They're less than £3 each at any Ford dealer, just go up to the parts counter and give them your reg, they'll order it in for you :)

Its true!! They nearly had my windscreen wipers too!! Hmmm....so could my car be in danger if they gave just ripped them out?? Sounds like i better pay garage prices abd have it checked!!

I apologise for doubting the problem you have been genuinely faced with.

I wasn't aware that it is possible to drive through a safari park with monkeys walking free.

Sounds cool but I wouldn't drive my focus through it lol.

That is the one and only reason I haven't been to a safari park since I was a kid!!!

Hope you are now sorted hun :)

Do the washer jets paint ok, as I was thinking of getting the mist type and colour coding them. Bugs me everytime i wax the car, why Ford put so much ABS everywhere is beyond me. Oh wait.......cost........ thats the one. :P Not that they are cheap cars any more though.

Do the washer jets paint ok, as I was thinking of getting the mist type and colour coding them. Bugs me everytime i wax the car, why Ford put so much ABS everywhere is beyond me. Oh wait.......cost........ thats the one. :P Not that they are cheap cars any more though.

Gives new meaning to the term "ABS as standard"

Good idea colour codeing the jets, I may copy that in the future.

No harm to prime them first and a light sanding.