Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Econetic Revving By Itself?

wisewoman

Hello,

So i just picked up my spanking new Ford Econetic. It's the first time I have had one of these.

Anyway I notice that *sometimes* when i take my foot of the accelerator and dip the clutch for a couple of seconds I can hear the engine revving up of its own accord as if I was trying to accelerate. The revometer also shows an increase - yet my foot is clear of accelerator. Having the clutch in also seems something to do with it. Is this a quirk of its fancy Econetic engine with stop/start tech or should I take it to the dealer to look at. I have never noticed it revving / accelerating by itself when a gear is engaged (thank heavens or that would be rather dodgy!)

Other info - this has happened when the engine is cold or hot! i am also someone who has a habit of dipping clutches for longish periods of time ie when coasting down a hill and i want it to freewheel and can't be bothered to put it into neutral and then back into 5th when I'm at the bottom.

Cheers,

Melissa

Leaving it in gear when coasting will save more fuel fyi, should never coast out of gear as you're not in control of the vehicle.

Try checking the oil level as too much can cause this to happen

When coasting in my 1.25 fiesta i've noticed that the revs are around 1250rpm rather than 750rpm usual idling.

When coasting in my 1.25 fiesta i've noticed that the revs are around 1250rpm rather than 750rpm usual idling.

Yes, mine does this too and it's a diesel. When the car comes to a complete stop the speed goes back to 750rpm. I think it's normal.

Hi,

Just looked at your your topic.

When i was driving along in my MK7 Edge, the revs used to go to maximum, told my dealer and they had it in the garage for 2months. One of the engineers took it out one day and it did it be he forgot to record it on the checking laptop.

They then give a Econo Box to see if that would record anything. I had it changed every month and they sent the box off. But once the car did it again i got them to take the box off and send it off, they rang me and told me that the company they use to read these boxes no longer does.

Recently its just had a new full exhaust system and catalytic converter after two years of ownership and my car has only covered 17,000. The engineer reckons that the catalytic converter hd something to do with it high revving.

Hope this helps

Adam

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club