Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk2 2005 1.6 Petrol Oil In Spark Plugs Area

boboguard

HEY all,

Got a problem with my Ford Focus 1.6 mk2 2005 on a 55 plate currently @ 77k miles full service history, I have recently had coil pack just the pack changed. and power steering as that went on me aswell. I have noticed now that there is oil sitting in the spark plug area??? surely there shouldnt be oil sitting where the spark plugs sit? Help is this serious problem? also when I had a power steering leak a noise from i dont know where is now there a whine when i sit ideling or when i press the gas pedel no idea what it is. so need a little help ?????????//post-37890-0-26580100-1351034610_thumb.jpost-37890-0-56637500-1351034614_thumb.jpost-37890-0-79371100-1351034619_thumb.jpost-37890-0-47118800-1351034659_thumb.jpost-37890-0-54895200-1351034666_thumb.j

The oil is most likely leaking from the camshaft cover. The gasket probably needs replacing. As far as the whining noise goes, it sounds like it could either be your power steering pump or the cambelt pully.

Thanks for the reply, I have just had the power steering pump and pipes replaced recently.

The oil is most likely leaking from the camshaft cover. The gasket probably needs replacing. As far as the whining noise goes, it sounds like it could either be your power steering pump or the cambelt pully.

Is this a expensive job to get repaired if its the gasket that needs replaced?

Thanks

See from pictures I posted above there defo shouldn't be oil in there? Can this damage my engine if I keep driving on it?

its not an expensive job to have the gasket replaced a garage should do it in 30-40 minutes including cleaning up all the oil it wont damage the car but it may well be the reason for the coil pack failure

its not an expensive job to have the gasket replaced a garage should do it in 30-40 minutes including cleaning up all the oil it wont damage the car but it may well be the reason for the coil pack failure

Thanks for that bud - so roughly how much do you think the repair would cost? would I need new spark plugs as oil is sitting around them where the spark plugs go?? ( I know nothing bout car just drive them lol ) clueless here hahah.

The car fails to start at times aswell but its a new coil pack Bosch one fitted less than 2 weeks ago.

Had the car checked over by a friend of a friend and its the gasket cover seal that needs replaced which i have bought the part

£13.50 and its getting fitted soon, I have soaked up the oil using blue roll and aalso bought new spark plugs aswell.

good job when fitting the gasket its best to use a little water pump or gasket seal on it apply some to the rocker cover then fit the gasket then apply to the head whare the gasket will sit and fit

good job when fitting the gasket its best to use a little water pump or gasket seal on it apply some to the rocker cover then fit the gasket then apply to the head whare the gasket will sit and fit

had the job done tonight - cam cover taken off to find loads off oil in the spark plug chamber n spark plugs soaked in oil.

new gasket seal fitted n put back together and still leaking oil taken off again this time applying bond sealer to it when in place holding the gasket seal in place which seems to do the job nicely now. without using any sealer cam gasket cover falls out. 4 new spark plugs fitted aswell

post-37890-0-96500200-1352153954_thumb.jpost-37890-0-17929700-1352153960_thumb.jpost-37890-0-78980000-1352153964_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club