Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remove door panel

handel18

Has anyone removed the front and rear door panels off a MK2 focus? trying to replace the Speakers. I can't see any screws so I assume its all clips but without knowing where the clips are i'm afraid of snapping something!

any pics or advise on doing this would be much appreciated

thanks gaz, I had found that too but the the mk2 door panels are very different. I just sold my mk1, was simple to do it on that!

Aw ok :( Lol. Dnt think I have ever paid much attention to the mk2 door trims.

Does the speaker cover not jst pop off?

Found this in 2mins by using google ;)

Its for the mk1 but I'm sure they are similar

http://www.myfordfocus.com/how-to/doortrim.htm

:lol: the whole world loves a comedian especially when he falls flat on his !Removed!. The original post suggested it was different to the Mk1. If you need any googling lessons fella, PM me always here for you

In answer to the question

Firstly get yourself some trim removal tools. You can find a cheap kit on ebay. They are made from a rigid plastic and wont take lumps out of your trim or paint.

1. Remove the tweeter cover at the top of the door next to the mirror. Easiest if you drop the window and do this from the outside in. Remove the top cover and then remove the section attached to the door by unscrewing and unclipping it. This will make removing the card easier and also easier to reinstall.

2. Lever the lower section of the interior grab handle using a suitably sized trim removal tool. This is held in place with a few plastic tabs and should come away with a little persuasion.

3. Once removed you will find two previously hidden bolts. Remove both of these.

4. Unplug the switchgear for the switches in the door handle.

5. Starting at the bottom edge closest to the rear of the car, start levering the door card away from the door to release the clips holding the card in place. These are pretty stiff on the first attempt so expect a few expletives. Work your way round the bottom of the card until all clips are free the bottom. There are further clips at the rop of the card which you can now free up using a suitable lever and inserting it up inside the card from the bottom. The card should bend up enough for you to do this.

6. Once all clips are free, pull the card out and up to remove

:lol: the whole world loves a comedian especially when he falls flat on his !Removed!. The original post suggested it was different to the Mk1. If you need any googling lessons fella, PM me always here for you

How did the original post suggest different?

I can't see any screws so I assume its all clips but without knowing where the clips are i'm afraid of snapping something!

The screws are there for all to see on a Mk1

The screws are there for all to see on a Mk1

No offence to handel18 but you do get some people on these forums that haven't a clue about cars.

In some of the later mk1's the screws have caps on them so he may not of recognized as to what they are.

Shall we just agree that it was an honest mistake and get on with it. TBH of late its got !Removed! on here mostly my doing but none the less. Personally I dont want or need to make enemies, just help people save some money.

Shall we just agree that it was an honest mistake and get on with it. TBH of late its got !Removed! on here mostly my doing but none the less. Personally I dont want or need to make enemies, just help people save some money.

Fair enough. Very honest of you. Thought this was going to tun into another fiesta diagnostic plug type conflict ;) Lol

sierrayankee, thanks for the guide. just what i was after. curious to know what you googled to get that - been searching for a while!

thanks also to gaz.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club