Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Goldenleaf's Discreet Mods

GoldenLeaf

As diesel exhausts on Ford's seen to always turn down at the end the best ones to get are ones that are angled.

Adding a straight tip runs the risk of it being too long and hitting the ground/speed bumps etc.

Try something like this-

http://pages.ebay.co...id=370586712131

Yeah that's more like what I am after, thanks Clive.

Anyone know what bulb type I need to replace the one in my boot?

Getting this one for my courtesy light. Do you all think this will be decent?

The bulb you need is a w5w, also known as a T10 or wedge.

Try this one-

http://pages.ebay.co...id=140758962598

It fits into the lens on the light fixture and replaces the standard bulb.

Right, would this work also? Or do you think the one you linked would look better/ would be brighter?

While I'm asking about bulbs, do you know if the courtesy light bulb I link is the right one? and what bulb do I need to replace the number plate light?

The number plate lights on a Mk2 are 38mm festoon and standard Mk2 courtesy lights are the same.

The bulbs you linked are ok'ish for footwell's but crap for boot lights.

The one I linked to will fit flush into the boot light lens and plug into the socket using the T10 adaptor included in the pack.

The light spread will be good and not wasted lighting up the inside of the boot trim as it will all be directed down.

The number plate lights on a Mk2 are 38mm festoon and standard Mk2 courtesy lights are the same.

The bulbs you linked are ok'ish for footwell's but crap for boot lights.

The one I linked to will fit flush into the boot light lens and plug into the socket using the T10 adaptor included in the pack.

The light spread will be good and not wasted lighting up the inside of the boot trim as it will all be directed down.

Ah cool. As always thanks for your helpful input, Clive :D Is your car still running well, after the repair job, from the motorbike incident? I just read through that thread, you sure did have some back luck :P

The car's running like a dream, no problems at all.

Still hanging on for the Insurance company to get back to me, they sure do take their bloomin' time.

This is what i mean about the boot light, got the listing wrong, it's actually a 12 LED panel that fits exactly; sorry for the misinformation.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-12-LED-SMD-Panel-T10-Dome-BA9S-Festoon-Car-Light-Lamp-Bulb-12V-Adapter-New-/120843648923?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c22d7bf9b

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

The car's running like a dream, no problems at all.

Still hanging on for the Insurance company to get back to me, they sure do take their bloomin' time.

This is what i mean about the boot light, got the listing wrong, it's actually a 12 LED panel that fits exactly; sorry for the misinformation.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1c22d7bf9b

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

Ah yeah crappy insurance companies, who are you with? Glad all is well with your car.

Oh that's was close I was just about to order them :P Thanks for letting me know, I will order them now. Thanks for the pics also, very helpful :)

Ordered 2x white 38mm festoon and 1x blue 38mm festoon and then also the 12 led panel :) £11 not too bad

Make sure you post pics of the results.

Will do ;)

Well I have just bought this for I am not very happy with my Osram cool blue intense H7 bulbs. I went for the 8000k, should be nice and blue, but not so much that I get pulled :P. I don't really know what to do for the H1s, cos HIDs take a while to warm up so HIDs wouldn't be much good at flashing at people. May just stick with the halogens for now...

I have succeeded in a couple of small mods...

First, I have changed my old aerial, which was like 75cm long, for a 5.5cm long aerial:

post-37790-0-06106500-1352843634_thumb.j

Isn't it as cute as a button lol :P It really is rather tiny though.

Second I have changed my reg bulbs for some white leds, 38mm festoons

post-37790-0-75231600-1352843635_thumb.j

The blue 38mm festoon bulb I bought to replace my courtesy light bulb didn't seem to fit too well (naughty advice from Clive, tut tut! :P), I did manage to get it in by bending the clips slightly. When in the door position, with doors closed 4 of the leds would glow slightly, and when the doors were open it lit up normally. Was odd. But that bulb blew and managed to blow the fuse for the courtesy light at the same time, so I have got the seller to send me a new bulb and have replaced the fuse. Stuck with the old bulb for now, till the new one arrives, which is a 42mm this time, which is the same length as the original.

Fun times

On an update, I have just received my HID I ordered :D Just need to fit them with some help from a friend now.

Well that's it for now.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club