Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Is This Part Called ?????????

jimmygixer

This car is driving me mad, where is this !Removed! water coming from. :wacko:

Can anyone tell me what this part is, passenger side floor, at right foot side center of focus?

I have had my carpet pulled back for weeks now, thought i had the leak fixed with a bit of silicone when i sealed this part at the top left corner where the condensation seemed to be coming from.

Still water and condensation sitting around this part

post-37767-0-13600600-1351177815_thumb.j

Welcome to the forum,

It seems your pollen filter housing is leaking.

May i recommend a new pollen filter and housing seal. Its a common problem on the focus

Welcome to the forum,

It seems your pollen filter housing is leaking.

May i recommend a new pollen filter and housing seal. Its a common problem on the focus

Its definitely not the pollen filter housing as i have checked and fully resealed all that area and tested with a hose.

Its leaking around the evaporator housing i believe its called.

it seems it may be the heater matrix or an aircon leak maybe even a loose aircon pipe or the dryer has gone and its not removing moisture from the air it shouldnt be leaking there (obviously) you may need to take it in to fords to get a leak check done im being honest ive never seen a leak from that area mate its possible its coming from elsewhere but falling above that area and running down

it seems it may be the heater matrix or an aircon leak maybe even a loose aircon pipe or the dryer has gone and its not removing moisture from the air it shouldnt be leaking there (obviously) you may need to take it in to fords to get a leak check done im being honest ive never seen a leak from that area mate its possible its coming from elsewhere but falling above that area and running down

Because of where its at, visibility and access isnt great, but from feeling the carpet that runs up the firewall, the dampness stops at the top of the part shown in the picture. Since i put a bit of sealant around the top edge of the join of the box, the water seems to have changed direction of running down the floor. Its not a instant leak and it is slow enough so its hard to trace.

Its a weird one because ive had the car being dry for a few days and then suddenly it will come back, and thats even when the weathers been dry.

The aircon is running 100% and im not losing any coolant.

Is there any other points of entry above this part which you know about except for the pollen filter?

Cheers

not on the mk1 windscreen would be 1 other than that as you say its been dry so its not rain i can only assume the aircon drain on the drivers side is blocked up the pipe and its gathering and running out

Anyone know of the easiest way to get at the evaporator box to seal right round it without removing the hole dash?

you need to find the aircon drain on the drivers side and make sure its fully open as im sure its blocked up the pipe aircon condensation shouldnt be coming out the joins in the box sealing it is a waste of time as the water will just find another way to get out you must fix the issue before you can cure it and no the entire dash would have to come out which is around a 6 hour job just to get it out

you need to find the aircon drain on the drivers side and make sure its fully open as im sure its blocked up the pipe aircon condensation shouldnt be coming out the joins in the box sealing it is a waste of time as the water will just find another way to get out you must fix the issue before you can cure it and no the entire dash would have to come out which is around a 6 hour job just to get it out

I take it there is only 1 drain?

The one i checked was dripping water as it should but i blew it out anyway with an airline. It had a bit of rubber hose in a u bend shape connected to it, to keep dirt out and the water from running back onto the firewall.

But this was in the middle of the car, if not closer to the passenger side?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club