Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 1.6 Tdci Econitic 62 Mpg

davidjohnlavell

hi all just got a new ford fiesta 1.6 tdci econetic ii

what mpg should i be getting ????

and how many miles to a full tank ????

At new 50 - 60 in an Eco is probably average until run in, just bare in mind diesel's take a good running in (10k+). I'm now getting 68 in my Zetec S diesel after 18k (since about 9k)

Really depends on how far you are going with your average journey.

I've had 65 out of the standard 1.6 TDCi [95], lifetime average is 58.

Never had more than 53mpg out of mine now done 18000 miles averaging 47 think someone's swapped mine with a petrol engine

how many miles to a full tank are people getting

400 ish for me I always fill up when it comes up 50 miles left normally takes about 38 litres.

I am of the opinion there is something wrong with mine though its just convincing ford

Lol, usually like 400, when I said I'm getting 68mpg, I meant I did that on 1 journey, up until the point where I decided to go over some moorland. Unfortunately, I find it difficult not to do 80 on motorways and such. Perhaps the only redeeming factor is I don't really use breaks to slow down, usually use gears and usually shift at 2K rpm.

Have had a problem lately though of not being able to get more than 50mpg though with the last 2 fill ups, one with Tesco fuel (which I'll never use again) and the other with BP Ultimate, hoping this fill up might be back to normal after a new water pump and timing belt. Trouble is I take it to Ford and get a 1.2 that won't even fetch 35mpg -.-

i think 400 is is the norm my avearage on the computer 56-70 ish and miles ledt i had it on 470 on A road not sure how ture it is

It's strange that I seem to have the worst mpg for a diesel 47mpg and still get 400 to a tank the same as everyone else who get more like 55-60

I get 500-525 out of a tank.

Yes but you never do more than 55 I cruise on the motorway at 70 or on country roads at 60 ish

i had 65-71 ish on the computer for ave mileage the other day

Yes but you never do more than 55 I cruise on the motorway at 70 or on country roads at 60 ish

Actually I do 65mph in the 70 and 60 in the 60 so nerr :P

Actually I do 65mph in the 70 and 60 in the 60 so nerr :P

I do too, just the transition from from a given speed to 60 could probably be done more economically, and I always cruise at 80 on motorways, 46mpg constant there. Don't forget though we don't have cruise :P

Don't forget though we don't have cruise :P

I think you'll find Sam and I do ;)

I think you'll find Sam and I do ;)

Yes we do but only thanks to you ;)

I would get it if I could find someone to do it lol. I'm not even bothered about paying, it's just nowhere locally can do it.

I would get it if I could find someone to do it lol. I'm not even bothered about paying, it's just nowhere locally can do it.

Isn't 3 hour drive local? :P there may be a guy in Liverpool that could do it with my help.

To be honest I'd consider it, I do quite want it :P

Well the time consuming bit from what I saw when Nath did mine is fitting the new steering wheel fascia as you have to remove the airbag. Not sure about modifying the as built file

I've got my technique nailed down now, can whip an airbag out in seconds ;)