Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Push Button Start

Sport Rider

Anyone had any problems with their push button start

Nope I haven't had any since I got mine in April have you and could be your batteries in the keys

i believe the dealers have an update for this as its been a common issue on the new foci fiesta cmax etc basically all the 2011 on models with intelligent start

i believe the dealers have an update for this as its been a common issue on the new foci fiesta cmax etc basically all the 2011 on models with intelligent start

Yeh just recently when the ambient temp seems to be a little low it trys to engage the starter motor but stops short of turning the engine over.After a few attempts it starts.

im sure if you phone the dealer they will tell you to bring it in and apply some updates to resolve the issue in some cases the car hasnt started at all though thats rarer probably due to owners ignnoring the warning signs with a new car under warranty any little hiccup take it in to the dealer and have it sorted mate

Thanks Arthur just had it in at the main dealers Bristol street ford who have said no fault found and no faults stored in the Ecu.will have to see how it goes over the next few days if no better it will be returned to the dealers but any further info from owners is still greatfully received.

I had once "sort of" problem with start up button. It didn't recognised key in a car, but battery was good.

Engine every time starts from first push.

from what i recall other owners had the same no faults each time so an update was applied occasionally a new start button but keep an eye on it and if it happens again just tell them there may not be a fault code but it still does it may have just been a glitch with the sudden drop in temperature

Well guys had the car back in the main Dealers who have now decided that the fault is the vehicle battery and this is not covered by ford warranty (Car first registration March 2011) ford have advised battery is only covered for 12 months on new vehicles,So because this is not a warranty repair i had to pay for the Diagnostic check circa £80.00 plus the battery all told total cost £180.00.

thats shocking at the price of a ford battery it should be covered under the battery warranty for 3 years at least ide be on the phone to ford uk customner services mate as i dont think thats right the new ford battery will have a 3yr warranty so the original should also and diagnostics my !Removed! all they do to test a battery is put a multimeter on it a 5 minute job i wouldnt be having that mate

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have a Ford Focus Zetec S March 2011 car. Not had it two year yet even though I have done 26,000 in it. When I first got it it was perfect but after about 8 months I parked outside my sister's house and left it with the engine running and the key fob on the dashboard. When I got back in the car the warning lights where on and it was telling me that the key was not detched. I turned the car off and back on again several times but still had the same warning. I managed to drive it down the road home with all the warning sounds going off but it was still drive so I could get it back on my drive. I called the AA out and by the time he came the car was working fine again. He asked me if I had been parked anywhere near a telephone mast which I had so he said this could have been the problem. The car went in for its service two months later and the garage put it on their computer but no faults were found. The car then run fine with no problems. At the beginning of 2012 I went to go out in the car after it has been say on the drive all day and the car wont start, it sounded like it had a flat battery. I put the battery on charge and when I got back tried the car and it started first time. Had no further trouble until the beginning of December. Again didnt use the car in the morning but when to go out in it in the evening and it wouldnt start as if it had a flat battery. So again put the car on charge but this time overnight. The next morning I tried the car but it still wouldn't start so called the RAC. The RAC man tested my battery and told me it was in full working order and fully charged. He tested the alternator and this was putting charge in the battery. It took him two hours to jump start it having taken the battery off and put it back on. Every time I turned the car off it had to be jumpstarted again. The car was taken to a ford dealer in Sheffield for them to look at. The only fault they could find was the computer was showing the keys had decoded. With the keys recoded they brought the car back to me. When I got it back the imboliser light wouldnt go out. It was left at work overnight but the next morning it was still the same. The garage took it back but by the time it got back into the work shop the imboliser had gone off. It was put on the computer but no fault was showing so they brought the car back to me and told me to run it to see how it went. I have had it back two weeks. Christmas day I went out in it no problem. On boxing day I went to move it and again it wouldnt start. I asked my dad to try it later in the day and it started first time. This morning I went to go out in it and of course it wouldnt start. Booked another visit from the RAC. He came out and checked my battery, all working fine, He looked at the fuses, took the battery off and still it wouldnt start. He listened to it when I tried to start it and he said the starter motor wasnt getting chance to turn over, it was definately software related. Even jumpstarting it wouldnt work this time. He managed eventually to get it started by taking the engine cover off and getting his hands down the back of the engine to the start motor where he did something to over ride it and it started. He believes that ford need to look at the control module. So my car is now back at the Ford Dealer in Sheffield for them to have a look at on Monday 31st to see what they can find. During the summer months my car has been perfect but as soon as it is cold, wet or frosty I have problems with it.

Any help would be grately appreciated

Helen x

• 11 years later...
On 12/28/2012 at 12:29 AM, helenlouise said:

Hi, I have a Ford Focus Zetec S March 2011 car. Not had it two year yet even though I have done 26,000 in it. When I first got it it was perfect but after about 8 months I parked outside my sister's house and left it with the engine running and the key fob on the dashboard. When I got back in the car the warning lights where on and it was telling me that the key was not detched. I turned the car off and back on again several times but still had the same warning. I managed to drive it down the road home with all the warning sounds going off but it was still drive so I could get it back on my drive. I called the AA out and by the time he came the car was working fine again. He asked me if I had been parked anywhere near a telephone mast which I had so he said this could have been the problem. The car went in for its service two months later and the garage put it on their computer but no faults were found. The car then run fine with no problems. At the beginning of 2012 I went to go out in the car after it has been say on the drive all day and the car wont start, it sounded like it had a flat battery. I put the battery on charge and when I got back tried the car and it started first time. Had no further trouble until the beginning of December. Again didnt use the car in the morning but when to go out in it in the evening and it wouldnt start as if it had a flat battery. So again put the car on charge but this time overnight. The next morning I tried the car but it still wouldn't start so called the RAC. The RAC man tested my battery and told me it was in full working order and fully charged. He tested the alternator and this was putting charge in the battery. It took him two hours to jump start it having taken the battery off and put it back on. Every time I turned the car off it had to be jumpstarted again. The car was taken to a ford dealer in Sheffield for them to look at. The only fault they could find was the computer was showing the keys had decoded. With the keys recoded they brought the car back to me. When I got it back the imboliser light wouldnt go out. It was left at work overnight but the next morning it was still the same. The garage took it back but by the time it got back into the work shop the imboliser had gone off. It was put on the computer but no fault was showing so they brought the car back to me and told me to run it to see how it went. I have had it back two weeks. Christmas day I went out in it no problem. On boxing day I went to move it and again it wouldnt start. I asked my dad to try it later in the day and it started first time. This morning I went to go out in it and of course it wouldnt start. Booked another visit from the RAC. He came out and checked my battery, all working fine, He looked at the fuses, took the battery off and still it wouldnt start. He listened to it when I tried to start it and he said the starter motor wasnt getting chance to turn over, it was definately software related. Even jumpstarting it wouldnt work this time. He managed eventually to get it started by taking the engine cover off and getting his hands down the back of the engine to the start motor where he did something to over ride it and it started. He believes that ford need to look at the control module. So my car is now back at the Ford Dealer in Sheffield for them to have a look at on Monday 31st to see what they can find. During the summer months my car has been perfect but as soon as it is cold, wet or frosty I have problems with it.

Any help would be grately appreciated

Helen x

Did you manage to find out what the issue was?. I'm having the same issue just now. 

25 minutes ago, Neilldia said:

Did you manage to find out what the issue was?. I'm having the same issue just now. 

Neill, you'd be better off starting a new thread with the exact issue you have. This thread is almost 12 years old, and the contributors will have moved on by now.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club