Do Not Sell My Personal Information

fiesta oil leak

benscab

hi all, hope someone can help me as im a real beginner with cars.

1996 1.3 fiesta started losing power on a recent journey and ended up towing it 30 miles. chabged head gasket to no avail,someone suggested a blockage in the exhaust so i tried that and pulled out a great chunk of carbon looking stuff from the cat. hey presto the power was back and car running fine. drove to bradford from bridlington with no problems apart from a slight oil leak from sump. got a new sump gasket fitted,but then leak seemed to move to the rocker gasket and got worse. seems to be pressurising somewhere does anyone have any ideas.

Maybe you just didn't notice the rocker cover leaking before? The old endura 1.3's are good at leaking oil.

I think the rocker cover gasket gets change every 4th service or so. There not expensive and real easy to fit. Take the plug leads of and put them out your way. Then just 4 screws holds it on.

Sometimes the gasket can be 'baked on' its a real nightmare to get it all off. You might as well give it a good clean while your there.

Maybe you just didn't notice the rocker cover leaking before? The old endura 1.3's are good at leaking oil.

I think the rocker cover gasket gets change every 4th service or so. There not expensive and real easy to fit. Take the plug leads of and put them out your way. Then just 4 screws holds it on.

Sometimes the gasket can be 'baked on' its a real nightmare to get it all off. You might as well give it a good clean while your there.

just replaced rocker cover last week when i did head gasket and it wasnt leaking then???

So it only started leaking after you had work done?

yes... i know it sounds wierd but i think there may be a blockage somewhere in the engine causing the oil not to circulate and so pressure builds up and the oil finds the weakest point to exit ( firstly the sump gasket. then when i replaced the sump gasket it had to find somewhere else????? thats my theory anyway........ is ther any kind of oil pipes inside the engine that block up ??

Hmm... Intresting theory. But if you were getting really high oil pressure causing a leak, I dont see why somthing hasnt simply blown off.

Check your crank vent filter cap. Could be blocked...

Not entirely sure. Lol. Be on the crankcase some where I would imagine.

I have a mk5 fiesta with the same engine up at my unit. Will have a look for you but am not going back up till sat.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club