Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can I Put 17" Wheels On My Fiesta Studio?

Roshan1994

Hi,

Ive got a 2012 ford fiesta studio, its currently got 15" wheels but I wanted to get 17" alloys for it, so would i be able to change the wheels to 17"?

Thank You

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scotthunter

• iNath

• Peange

• HA06ZZA

If you want to :) Tyres ideally should be 205/40/17 so as not to put your speedo out by too much.

I basically want my car to look like yours lol, but with black alloys. how much do you think id have to spend?

£1,000-£1,500 for bodykit + alloys + spraying depending on how much you can get the parts for.

Plus the increase in insurance for an 18 year old ;)

It would probably be cheaper to just sell your car and buy Nath's

Iv done it, spent a lot for now looks like any other :)

yea, im only 18 aswell and i already pay £2000 a year for insurance... i dont want it to go up by that much so im not quite sure what to do.

yea, im only 18 aswell and i already pay £2000 a year for insurance... i dont want it to go up by that much so im not quite sure what to do.

Ring up your insurance company first and see how much it would be for any mods you've planned before buying the parts.

Then buy my car ;)

Do I need to tell my insurers about getting alloys?

Of course, you need to tell them about every change you make to the car (other than consumables, tyres, bulbs etc)

Don't be silly! Don't bother mate

Just to clarify - are you openly encouraging someone to commit insurance fraud on a public forum?

Just checking... ;)

Don't be silly! Don't bother mate

Not really a very good comment to make on a public forum. Will be your problem if and when you have a crash and your insurance wont pay out. Don't come crying to us if this happens.

Why would I come crying to you? Your not paying out? (Us) sorry fellow fiesta owner

Make sure that all parts are genuine

If you put genuine parts on your car, you shouldn't really end up with an insurance increase as far as my experience is concerned. Depends on insurance company's though, plus as a young driver that'll also have you tarred with the 'boy racer' brush. Enquire though, because if it's something you want to do, it's worth looking in to.

You're better off just waiting a year and buying a sportier car instead of modifying a slower car. The insurance premiums just aren't worth it

I've got a 2012 studio mate and I reckon a few little mods are all that's needed. I wouldn't go to lengths of putting bodykits on. My plans are to:

Body colour the handles and mirrors,

Tint the back windows (already done),

Asian grill,

Zetec s alloys

Fairly cheap mods that will transform the car.

Don't know why there are people on here trying to urge you away from making your car look better and feel better to you, meant to be an encouraging forum

Don't know why there are people on here trying to urge you away from making your car look better and feel better to you, meant to be an encouraging forum

Considering he already pays £2000 on insurance and the mods in question would easily add a minimum of £1000. £3k insurance is a hell of a lot. It's just under half the price of the car.

Yes he could go down your route of not insuring the mods but if he were to have a crash or be involved in one then the insurance company would void the insurance, thus leaving a massive bill. Paying the other parties claim and yours.

What's the point of a sheep in wolf's clothing?

There's nothing wrong with tweaking your car with mods. It's not all about how fast your car goes. It's down to if you can afford it really :P

Putting 17" rims on a 1.25 litre Fiesta isn't a good idea, it will adversly affect performance. It will also make the car look like it's on rollerskates unless the suspension is lowered.

Better off just saving your cash and buying a higher mileage Zetec S, unless the insurance is going to be an issue for you.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club