Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Footwell Lights

Big_dom91

Hello all i know its been metioned quite abit but could someone post a link to show me what im looking for to hopefully fit footwell lights cheers :)

Have you looked in your foot-wells to see if you have anything there yet? You may be lucky and have the sockets already there with power to them and just need to put in a decent bulb and your sorted.

The type of bulb you need is a 501 w5w wedge bulb.

You may find you already have the sockets but no wiring to them. You may find you have the wiring and no sockets. You may find you have nothing at all and need to retrofit yourself.

In which case, everything you need to know can be found in this guide:

Cheers mate iv had a look today but couldnt even see were to plug a bulb in like :| so gunna have a propa look tomoz and poat some pics to get some advise

If you have a quick mooch at the second last post of this members thread, I uploaded photos of what the sockets look like and where they are on each side.

http://www.fordowner...lp/page__st__15

If you find them in your foot-wells your laughing. If not, it's simple enough to install yourself. I know one of our resident law men Stoney871 has recently installed them himself so he can advice you well on this. As well as Artscot79 who has installed front and rear foot-well lighting I believe.

As mines the ghia model, I didn't have to worry about this as mine come with them factory fitted :P but yeah it is straight forward to fit yourself and everything is explained in great detail in the guide I linked, written by our resident Godfather of modding himself (Lenny ;)) It also includes links to all the parts required on eBay.

Nice one lad but is the yellow nib thing were the bulb shoud go ? propa novice here haha

Lol no mate sorry the sockets are these grey things:

DSCN0840-1.jpg

DSCN0836-1.jpg

If you can't see these, then you ain't got em and will n need to fit them yourself.

the yellow nib is for the fuse box cover mate fittings easy these guys helped me out to do it

So if iv got the grey ones does the bulb simply just click in to them ?

So if iv got the grey ones does the bulb simply just click in to them ?

Yes it plugs straight in to the grey socket mate.

Standard halogen type bulbs are ideal for testing and available in any motor factors.

You require a T10 w5w bulb.

And if you don't have power don't worry. I had the sockets and loom but no power too but you can easily snip them from the loom and run your own power see my guide in the list below this post if required.

Cheers peeps gunna go and inspect soon an see if there are any sockets then if there are ill go buy some bulbs and hopefully upload some pics tonite :)

Right just took a pic of driver + passenger footwell am i right in thinking that there are no bulb holders here ?

post-37742-0-15023000-1351590861_thumb.j

post-37742-0-20521800-1351590877_thumb.j

****i think one of the pics is completey of no use :| camera hard to dit in footwell with pedals to take good pic hah

you dont have the footwell lights mate that round hole is where they should be some say remove the glovebox and they may be tied up there but very few are

Yes mate sorry no foot-well lights. As Arhtur says, it's worth removing the glove box to see if the wires are hidden away and taped up. In that case you'd need to wire in the sockets and job done. You may get lucky.

It may be unlikely but as I've said they are easy to wire in yourself and run it to your courtesy light.

Have a read of Lenny's guide.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club