Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mark 2 Sidelight Wire

karldenton

Hi,

I bought a set of RING DLR lights and fitted them today. They are supposed to go dimmer when I turn the sidelights on.

The instructions ay use a scotch lock connector to wire to the side lights, when the side lights come on, they go dimmer. However mine don't seem to.

I've wired it to the brown side light wire going to the sidelight bulb. There is also a grey one going to the bulb. Is the brown one definitely the positive one ?

Thanks

the sidelight wire is way too thin for scotchlocks had an issue myself where i had to fit a new holder and the wire on its own was too thin it may be that the scotchlock isnt connecting with the wire properly

You'd be better soldering the wires to get a good connection.

Hi, well I tried today with a block connector to the side light and thats still the same - the lights don't dim. I tried it to the dimmed beam and that doesn't work either. I am presuming it goes to the brown wire on the dimmed beam ?

Thanks

im sure it should be the grey wire i think dont have a diagram of the wires to be sure

Left side live is orange and blue, right side is orange green- according to Haynes.

The black ones are earth.

If the drl switching isn't working on the brown them by law of averages it has to be the grey one then.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club