Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlight Bulbs

Drich290195

Can anyone recommend one from hallfords are the blue tint ones legal and are the ultra brilliance ones good cheers guys.

I've used the Halfords ultra briliance and they did seem good, but aren't very blue. There's more like a few thin rings of blue than an actual tint.

Also, Halfords bulbs are way over priced.

For bulbs with a full blue tint I would highly recommend the osram cool blue intense, philips blue vision ultra, or the osram nightbreaker plus.

A good combination would be cool blue intense H7 (low beam) and nightbreaker plus H1 (high beam)

As always, the best place for bulbs would be eBay. Get some osrams for around 13quid. Half the price of the halfrauds.

Personally I went for the cool blue's.

This is what mine look like:

2012-09-01053930.jpg

2012-09-01053623.jpg

Also, if you scroll half way down Oxide's thread here:

http://www.fordowner...ad/page__st__45

Stoney has posted some videos of the osrams in action on country roads.

The proper blue tint bulbs are completely legal, as they don't actually shine blue. The way it works is the blue tint filters out the yellow shine, to produce a clean fresh whiter light which is a lot nicer on your eyes when driving at night and you can actually see where you are going.

And driving with osram high beams on with no other cars about will light up an unlit motorway like a football pitch.

I've added the nightbreaker plus H7 and high beam 100w (illegal) (going to change to nightbreaker plus H1). I still think the main on the Focus 2011+ model is poor though.

I still think the main on the Focus 2011+ model is poor though.

Agreed!

The first thing I did when I bought my new car was remove the standard ford bulbs and put in Philips extreme vision out of my old car. The standard headlights on the new focus are definitely not great.

The best bulbs I've ever used on my focus were Osram Cool Blue Hyper 5000 K . Stunning, absolutely stunning pure white light!

Stunning but for off road only.

The best bulbs I've ever used on my focus were Osram Cool Blue Hyper 5000 K . Stunning, absolutely stunning pure white light!

Stunning but for off road only.

Yup they definitely ain't road legal

True , but I bet my car if anyone realise this without take a look on the package. Actually, I feel sorry that I haven't got any pictures with them. They are legal for EU, the "Off road only"apply for the USA and Australia... They are cheap, around 12 GBP in my country. Give them a chance and prepare my beer :).

I am having big troubles with my OEM xenon headlight retrofitting though :( . Do you know anyone who has done it before and could possibly help me with the sh*t wirings ?

5000k and above are not UK street legal.

As far as I'm aware UK lighting laws are in line with EU legislation so they're illegal in the EU also.

Hey, just a quick questiOn... What about sidelights? Are '6000k' Cree LED sidelights road legal??

They wouldn't pass an MOT, so no.

Saying that i'm using CREE fog bulbs that aren't legal and i should know better.

Haha, fair enough.

Is it that theyre too bright? And would you just swap your fogs out at MOT time?

the 100w bulbs have a habit by the way of melting the sidelight holders and burning the lenses with prolonged use

Haha, fair enough.

Is it that theyre too bright? And would you just swap your fogs out at MOT time?

I keep my old bulbs and I'll swap them out for Mot.

Rarely use fogs anyway.