Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ice Upgrades

Hassen

Get the value marked down to 30dollars or marked as a gift to you, then you will pay little or no import tax.

Or

If you have a friend in the uk the postage within the uk may be free or cheap,

Your friend may ship to ireland for cheaper than the company supplying the sub.

For example;

Mountune want 80pounds postage to send me a set of !Removed! car mats hows that for peak performance and pushing the limits?

That is ridiculous what retailers want us to pay for shipping to Ireland. A headunit was going to cost me £65 for shipping! I think that is just taking the !Removed!.

Might just get it shipped to Uk or Northern Ireland and then get it over that way. Always getting screwed on shipping here. Grrr!

I think I might just get it from the Uk instead of the USA as I had numerous issues in the past with import taxes on electronics. It's always a hassle which I don't need.

I am really tempted with this sub woofer but thinking that a headunit upgrade might be the first step and then get the sub further down the line. All this after the new year and thinking I might as well start thinking on how to upgrade the sound system in the wife's Seat Leon as she has decided to keep it for another while now.

Any recommendations for a decent sounding, double din, non touchscreen or touchscreen headunit with an aux port as being the main feature? bluetooth would be a great bonus :)

• 3 weeks later...

right, after much mucking about and not doing things properly i have finally managed to complete thesub conversion.

i did have an amplified Vibe 10" sub which i removed to fit the new face i put on the sub box i purchased (housed a shallow 13" sub). i used some spacer rings to give me enough depth and also added some padding into the box too.

i managed to add the amp on the same box and then carpeted the box, this took me a couple of attempts as i had a few curves to deal with and the adhesive is a pita as it goes everywhere and my fingers were covered in it.

Tried it out today and i am loving it. i secured it using 2 brackets that fix to the parcel shelf holder.

post-28472-0-59826700-1358101319_thumb.j

post-28472-0-35811700-1358101240_thumb.j

post-28472-0-32317500-1358101222_thumb.j

it certainly is Clive, looking forward to the drive to work tomorrow, dont care if it snows now!

right, after much mucking about and not doing things properly i have finally managed to complete thesub conversion.

i did have an amplified Vibe 10" sub which i removed to fit the new face i put on the sub box i purchased (housed a shallow 13" sub). i used some spacer rings to give me enough depth and also added some padding into the box too.

Looks excellent mate, im sure their is a nice deep base from it. Fair play to you and the crafting skills mate, added bonus the amp installed in the box too.

to be honest Lenny, i just got a piece of mdf and cut new holes and attached it to the box and covered it in felt. i got the spacer rings from eBay and covered that seperately and attached them before adding the speaker, amp and port hole. the bulk of the work was already done which made life easier. the wife asked why i bothered...typical!

i managed to add the amp on the same box and then carpeted the box, this took me a couple of attempts as i had a few curves to deal with and the adhesive is a pita as it goes everywhere and my fingers were covered in it.

Tried it out today and i am loving it. i secured it using 2 brackets that fix to the parcel shelf holder.

Nice job looks good - well worth the effort!

looks sweet does that.. i could do with 1 of those for our focus, as boot space apparently is a must......

looks sweet does that.. i could do with 1 of those for our focus, as boot space apparently is a must......

i could make a template of the front of the box as i still have the previous mdf piece that i cut out first if anyone wants this? You would need to make up the rest. i did post a link of a guy in sheffield who could make these (he is on ebay).

i think its him who i have already mail'd, he says for free, but leave the car there with him 9-5... like i said to lenny dont sound right...

i think its him who i have already mail'd, he says for free, but leave the car there with him 9-5... like i said to lenny dont sound right...

Eh???

the bloke who makes custon sub boxes on the bay lol

Wow! That looks awesome. Totally looks OEM as if it rolled out of the factory that way. Kudos man for an amazing job. How does it all sound?

Totally forgot about this thread. Thankfully checked it out today :D

Wow! That looks awesome. Totally looks OEM as if it rolled out of the factory that way. Kudos man for an amazing job. How does it all sound?

Totally forgot about this thread. Thankfully checked it out today :D

Hi Hassen,

thanks for the comments. it sounds great but i could do with a better sub and amp! looking for a sub that will be nearer the 1000W RMS figure to really give a kicking bass sound! (around the £130-200 mark for these!)

salsheikh if you can get a sub ov that spec for that amount of cash....... can u get me 1 tomorrow...... have the cash in my wallet now please ;)

If u go on caraudiocenter I used to have the xtb 212 which when came out was 379.00 but now have s kappa infinity 12" ran off 2 Sony xm1s mono block amps with s power cap. This is with out my other amps....... but all is ran of a phoenix gold 0gauge amp kit with 2 distribution blocks etc.....

Those subs look and sounds the business salsheikh. Sadly can't afford them at present.

Any one knows if these two amps are any good. Considering them as they are not too expensive and don't take up too much space.

http://www.adverts.ie/motorbike-parts-accessories/earthquake-db-12-street-pro-subwoofer-in-sealed-box/1542592

http://www.adverts.ie/home-audio/8-db-audio-subwoofer/2451278

I think that the JL Audio 8 inch sub is amazing but not worth spending 300 euro on. So trying to find a small compact sub that will not break the bank and still give a decent level of bass. I don't need ridiculous, shake the car and wake the neighbourhood levels of bass. Just good audio quality at a decent volume.

This will most probably be paired up with the Sony XAV 601BT headunit that I plan to install in the car in the next few weeks.

Any suggestions guys?

Those subs look and sounds the business salsheikh. Sadly can't afford them at present.

Any one knows if these two amps are any good. Considering them as they are not too expensive and don't take up too much space.

http://www.adverts.ie/motorbike-parts-accessories/earthquake-db-12-street-pro-subwoofer-in-sealed-box/1542592

http://www.adverts.ie/home-audio/8-db-audio-subwoofer/2451278

I think that the JL Audio 8 inch sub is amazing but not worth spending 300 euro on. So trying to find a small compact sub that will not break the bank and still give a decent level of bass. I don't need ridiculous, shake the car and wake the neighbourhood levels of bass. Just good audio quality at a decent volume.

This will most probably be paired up with the Sony XAV 601BT headunit that I plan to install in the car in the next few weeks.

Any suggestions guys?

Perhaps a sub from Fusion,

Check the 'reactor' range from fusion, they are fusions middle range system. Not bright green like the encounter range and better response.

Powerplant is then fusions top range stuff

Think I will leave the sub as it is for now but your suggestion about the Ipad install has sparked a whole host of possibilities in my mind!

I was actually thinking of getting a Nexus 7 (I am not a fan of Apple at all) and with a few apps, it might suit my needs and more. There are plenty of music apps and car apps. There are even a couple that can be hooked up to the port and get data from the car! This might be the perfect solution for me.

Total cost for the Nexus 7 and a holder would be less than the Sony headunit I was considering. And I still retain the tablet to take out of the car and use after.

Anyone has done something similar or am I going to be the first one to try this out?

Think I will leave the sub as it is for now but your suggestion about the Ipad install has sparked a whole host of possibilities in my mind!

I was actually thinking of getting a Nexus 7 (I am not a fan of Apple at all) and with a few apps, it might suit my needs and more. There are plenty of music apps and car apps. There are even a couple that can be hooked up to the port and get data from the car! This might be the perfect solution for me.

Total cost for the Nexus 7 and a holder would be less than the Sony headunit I was considering. And I still retain the tablet to take out of the car and use after.

Anyone has done something similar or am I going to be the first one to try this out?

Sounds good mate,

I think your the first to do this on the ford scene,

The focus mk2 and mk2.5 have a good dash layout for it.

But i have to say, if i was fitting id do as moog said in the video,

Fit a single din cheapest stereo i could find with an aux in port and mount it inside the top of the glove box

Then you can control the volume more easily aswell as listen to the odd cd or radio on long journeys but still out of sight hidden in the glove box.

This would also allow you to use your steering wheel volume control stalk to adjust volume on the touch pad or change track on cd etc.

Think this will need either a lot of thinking or I will just give up and buy a vent mounted support for the tablet is hook it up to the Aux input that is already in. Reckon the first step is to get the tablet before they run out of it. Pc World are doing a deal for the Nexus 7 32Gb for €250 which is not bad. If I get a chance this weekend, I might get it along with a ordering a car mount for it.

So far this is the only decent mount I found:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170905563037?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

It looks sturdy enough and the actual part that goes into the vent is the same as the one I have now for my phone holder. So basically all I would need to do is pop the tablet in the surround and put it onto my current car mount. Should be a doddle as they say if all goes well. I will then hook up the 3.5mm jack to the audio, get a decent EQ app along with Car Home Ultra and that should be it. music, Maps/Navigation and Entertainment all sorted while retaining my cd player and radio.

Any suggestions welcomed :)

Update:

Bought the Nexus 7 and it's an amazing tablet. I tried to get it fitted in the car today and these are my efforts.

My first attempt was to try to use Play Dough to see how it would all fit. Found out that it was too soft but knew where and how to place the Blutack instead.

This is the temporary result

IMAG0863_zps8c708656.jpg

IMAG0860_zps60e13923.jpg

IMAG0861_zps6b771997.jpg

I didn't get a chance to drive the car with this setup yet and this will be tomorrow on my way to work. On further research, I found a product called Sugru that is a mouldable silicone putty type thing that cures into any shape. It looks promising and I am going to order some to see if I can make sound corners to hold the Nexus into place and so that it is easily removable after as well. This should be interesting

Random but i just bought my Missus a nexus 7 32gb just yesterday.

Wonder if i can get it to work with my pioneer head unit. I know its made for ipod buy i dunno about android.

Hassen, be careful when driving with the tablet, last thing you want is that to fall off and get stuck under your feet/pedals.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club