Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"engine Systems Failure"(On Cluster Lcd Display)

gedportugal

enginelight.jpg<a%20href=

Had this come on in the cluster display this morning, car runs but feels like its not got the power to pull a !Removed! back, so I assume its on "limp home" mode. However the yellow engine management light is not on, I thought like previous makes I have had or my present VW Golf the yellow management light would be on?! I only have a red light staying on at the right hand bottom side of the LCD.

Took it to the mechanic this morning and he plugged in his fault reader and he says it shows no faults. Looked like expensive piece of equipment but perhaps I need to bite the bullet and go to Ford? Mechanic wants me to bring the car in on Monday so he can take the Cat and DPF off and clean them, something I have never heard off?! (I really hoped I would not hear those 3 letters "DPF") :o

Should I avoid the mechanic as I don't like idea of him arseing about with the DPF and get the car to Ford? try someone elses fault reader?!

Any ideas or anyone had same problem?

oh... the Focus is a very late MK2 1.6 Tdci 90bhp Titanuim ( Feb. 2008) now with 150000 kms(around 100k miles?!)

Thanks, Ged

post-22692-0-34526300-1351952737_thumb.j

When did you last have the car serviced?

It could be a few things but from experience it's likely exhaust blockage (likely the DPF), air inlet blockage (air filter)or most likely the fuel filter is crabbed up.

If it hasn't had a service within the last 10000k i'd get one done sharpish.

Thanks for the reply, it was serviced within the last 1500 miles. But I will still hang on to that bit of hope you gave me that it could just be the fuel filter.

Are DPF's crazy money for the Fords also? (a mate paid over 2000 pounds at Bmw :unsure: not covered by his warranty )

The fuel filter can cause problems as sometimes they aren't refitted properly and you can get a small air leak around the seal.

well looking at the picture, it seems you have low fuel...maybe your pump has sucked up some carp into the filter and has a partial blockage. the lack of power would be limp home mode.

Try the dash trick and see if that lists any DTC's.

I'm probably like a lot of people and try never to go below 1/4 on the tank unless in an emergency.

well looking at the picture, it seems you have low fuel...maybe your pump has sucked up some carp into the filter and has a partial blockage. the lack of power would be limp home mode.

Try the dash trick and see if that lists any DTC's.

Wifes car, sick of telling her to keep the tank topped up(she is always hoping I will borrow it and fill it up) <_<

Sorry for my ignorance, whats the "dash trick" ? Link to this etc on here?

Car is now at another mechanic who picked up a fault at least, glow plugs so he is going to replace all 4 today(25€ a plug plus labour... dear me thinks?) and I have little confidence this will resolve it, surley this would not put the car in "limp home" mode? Thats if its in "Limp home", for sure the turbo seems to be doing nothing(where ever that is limp home or a problems perhaps related to EGR valve etc)?!

Will ask him to check the fuel filter out if the new glow plugs has zero affect

Thanks to all who replied, Ged

Mine kept going in and out of limp mode when the glowplugs had given up,,, I think the limp mode came into action when all 4 plugs had died,,, anyway, New plugs and all is good. Hope you have the same outcome.

Mine kept going in and out of limp mode when the glowplugs had given up,,, I think the limp mode came into action when all 4 plugs had died,,, anyway, New plugs and all is good. Hope you have the same outcome.

Was inspired reading this and hopefull.. just picked it up and its running great! So after all it was glowplugs! (fingers crosses)

Thanks all once again!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club