Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Couple Of Small Issues

GregMarton

Hi All,

hope someone can give me some tips...

I got this ST24 from a dealer in North Wembley, and i managed to get a fairly good deal on it, but it does have some minor issues. (i hope minor)

-It does not have the original key, and the batteries are dead, so opening the door manually with the key. Sometimes it opens all doors sometimes it doesn't. also, the boot doesn't unlock not with the central locking, not with the key directly using that lock. (tried WD40, so far no luck)

- Passenger side door's electric window control doesn't work, yet I can operate it from the driver's door control panel.

These are my current and most important issues with it. It has some other small problems, like one of the jacking point covers missing (need to buy one), and the right side front fog light needs canging, the seats I'd like to change, and also the door inserts icon_e_smile.gif

Biggest exterior fault is the rust was treated on the rear right wheel arch and whoever did it, did a !Removed! job icon_e_sad.gif So at some point that needs fixing, but that only because it bothers my eyes...

Any help appreciated on the current issues!

Thanks

Today i've had time do get to the bottom of things...

So the central locking when works, works fine and unlocks the boot as well. What doesn't work is the lock mechanism itself.. got in to the boot from inside, managed to strip the covers, and pressed the little button on the sensor. it opened, as when u push the exterior button.. (lock) however, the lock is stuck, so after about an hour and half a can of WD40 I figured it will stay stuck and need to get a new lock mechanism... so at least one of my problems been dealt with...

as for the central locking... i don't know... i'll first get 2 original keys, program them, and test it. if it delivers the same thing as it does now i'll get the module changed...

the driver seat wobbling is still an issue but couldn't locate the source so I've left it for now.

Other issues are basically cosmetic or straight forward (I mean know what to change or to do)

Will post some pictures of the current state of her in the right topic.

• 2 months later...

- Passenger side door's electric window control doesn't work, yet I can operate it from the driver's door control panel.

it will be the switch on passenger side (probaly) try swapping with another good switch to test.

-It does not have the original key, and the batteries are dead, so opening the door manually with the key. Sometimes it opens all doors sometimes it doesn't. also, the boot doesn't unlock not with the central locking, not with the key directly using that lock. (tried WD40, so far no luck)

This could be a faulty door switch,do the alarm test here http://www.mirez.co.uk/AlarmRoutines.htm

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club