Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec 03 52

angelo

Hello Everyone,

First of all I'd like to say Hi to everyone because this is my first post here even if I've been a reader for many months.

I just moved to England from Italy and I need to buy a car.... no doubts about the model: Ford Focus !

Because of my budget I found a Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec 03 52, 3 previous owners, 49,000 miles @ £3000.

I always loved having a Ford Focus but at the same time I'd like a suggestion to know if it is a good deal or not.

Could you please let me know your point of view and what I need to ask to the dealer to check if everything is fine for that mileage?

Thanks in advance

Angelo

Hi and welcome to the club.

That seems a good bargain mate. I would just make sure that it has a MOT and just check everything and if you find something not quite right make sure the dealer puts it right.

Hello Everyone,

First of all I'd like to say Hi to everyone because this is my first post here even if I've been a reader for many months.

I just moved to England from Italy and I need to buy a car.... no doubts about the model: Ford Focus !

Because of my budget I found a Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec 03 52, 3 previous owners, 49,000 miles @ £3000.

I always loved having a Ford Focus but at the same time I'd like a suggestion to know if it is a good deal or not.

Could you please let me know your point of view and what I need to ask to the dealer to check if everything is fine for that mileage?

Thanks in advance

Angelo

Welcome to the club mate. Car sounds a bargain. Things to check on focus's are prone to snapping front springs, they can be hard on front brakes and discs and the 1.6 seems prone to faults on the coil packs. Other than that a sound little car at an excellent price.

i paid £2600 for my 51 plate 1.6 last summer with a £600 trade in so yes i think the price i about right.

check for rust around the mirrors they are prone to that, otherwise just make sure it all looks in order and all the buttons work.

meant to say mine had 54k miles on it

check for rust around the mirrors they are prone to that,

Not wanting a full blown fight here, but didnt Ford modify the mirrors to prevent this early Mk1.5 by putting a pad of some sort under the base plate so it didnt vibrate against the paintwork??? I know there was a TSB about chrome effect boot handles doing the same to tailgates.

Thanks for all the answers!

I'm going to the dealer tomorrow morning and I'll let you know about it.

(By the way, the original price was £3500 but I put it down to £3000 quite easly. Sounds strange...)

We will see.

Thanks again for all the helps.

Nah, talking £500 off at a dealers is quite acceptable. Look very hard to find things to pull the car down you might even get another couple of hundred quid off too. Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Not wanting a full blown fight here, but didnt Ford modify the mirrors to prevent this early Mk1.5 by putting a pad of some sort under the base plate so it didnt vibrate against the paintwork??? I know there was a TSB about chrome effect boot handles doing the same to tailgates.

hmm not entirely sure, possibly though? my mate owns a 52 plate and its rusting at the mirror base.

Yeah, a 52 plate could have been one of the first Mk1.5s BUILT. They tend to stand in a yard for a while somewhere till someone comes along and orders one. I'm sure they did revise the fittings.

Sure i heard something about the rust by the mirror problem a while back when my mate got 1.