Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiestas - does your trip reset?

Truly55

I've heard from a Ford source that early new Fiestas had a trip meter that you couldn't reset. The latest models coming out of the factory have a resetable trip meter. Bit of an oversight Ford if it was the case with the original cars. How come Ford you didn't think of this whilst driving 7 times around earth during testing? :rolleyes:

Yes, it does reset. Press the button on the rev counter to reset it.

I've heard from a Ford source that early new Fiestas had a trip meter that you couldn't reset. The latest models coming out of the factory have a resetable trip meter. Bit of an oversight Ford if it was the case with the original cars. How come Ford you didn't think of this whilst driving 7 times around earth during testing? :rolleyes:

On mine I have to press the end of the left stalk at the same time as the trip reset button. this also works with the average MPG amd Average MPH function.

Paul

Yes, it does reset. Press the button on the rev counter to reset it.

Mine resets in the same way as Mark's above.

The button on the end of the stalk resets the average speed / economy etc.

I cant personally see the point of putting a trip meter that cant be reset. Surely that would just mean the car had 2 mileometers???

I cant personally see the point of putting a trip meter that cant be reset. Surely that would just mean the car had 2 mileometers???

I'd heard that it reset at 2000 miles but you're right SY99 it would be like two mileometers otherwise.

Hi I have a new Fiesta reg December 2008 and I can confirm that my trip meter does does not reset I will go to my dealer as soon as I have time and get it repaired/ replaced ,it doesn't appear as though I am on my own ................thanks

It seems some people are having problems resetting the trip comptuer..its really not rocket science to do this.

Press the button on the end of the left hand stalk.

Press it untill your on the trip computer. (one with how many miles you have done since it was last resetted)

Then theres another button on the REV COUNTER. Press and hold this button for a few seconds. It will reset.

To reset MPG/average speed, press the button on the end of the left hand stalk untill your on the one you want to reset. Then press and HOLD untill it resets. Simple really :).

If any of you bothered to read the cars manual then theres a good chance you would of knowen how to do this ;)

It seems some people are having problems resetting the trip comptuer..its really not rocket science to do this.

Press the button on the end of the left hand stalk.

Press it untill your on the trip computer. (one with how many miles you have done since it was last resetted)

Then theres another button on the REV COUNTER. Press and hold this button for a few seconds. It will reset.

To reset MPG/average speed, press the button on the end of the left hand stalk untill your on the one you want to reset. Then press and HOLD untill it resets. Simple really :).

If any of you bothered to read the cars manual then theres a good chance you would of knowen how to do this ;)

Owners know how to do it (I think :rolleyes: ) but it was the comment made to me that very early new Fiestas couldn't reset their trip at all, a point that was quickly addressed by Ford for later cars.

Hi I have a new Fiesta reg December 2008 and I can confirm that my trip meter does does not reset I will go to my dealer as soon as I have time and get it repaired/ replaced ,it doesn't appear as though I am on my own ................thanks

Are you sure about this Bill?

It can be confusing as the stalk only resets the average mpg and speed whereas the little button on the dash resets the trip.

As Mark's just said, hold it in for a few seconds with the ignition on and it will reset.

Mine does and it's Dec 08 too. :)

As does mine, also a Dec 08 (although I have to say it's a stupid setup, especially coming from a focus where it was done on the indicator stalk)

It can be confusing as the stalk only resets the average mpg and speed whereas the little button on the dash resets the trip.

As Mark's just said, hold it in for a few seconds with the ignition on and it will reset.

I know exactly how to reset the trip but mine definately doesn't work and hasn't since I took delivery thought the others items do, mpg/speed averages etc

I know exactly how to reset the trip but mine definately doesn't work and hasn't since I took delivery thought the others items do, mpg/speed averages etc

OK--didn't mean to sound patronising--I merely thought it would have been a little embarrassing for you if the dealer had said exactly what Mark and I had said!

Are they going to get it sorted for you?

OK--didn't mean to sound patronising--I merely thought it would have been a little embarrassing for you if the dealer had said exactly what Mark and I had said!

Are they going to get it sorted for you?

Thats ok thank you both for your comments hopefully my dealer will sort it.... time will tell out, I am going on holiday first so the trip problem will be the last thing on my mind

hello everyone, just read the above, i have had my fiesta since october 23 2008 and i can tell you that my trip meter will reset,i have just been out and done it. hope that this helps to stop some of you worrying.