Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ambient Lighting In Dashboard

powerball

This is my first topic therefore be gentle with me

post-13575-0-26615600-1352209597_thumb.jJust recieved the Ambient lighting kit (Finis number 1577272) for my Fiesta 1600s, my questions are :- has anyone fitted this kit as there is no instructions, is it plug ang play? and there are two parts to the kit one part goes by the glove box but where does the other part go?

any advise would be helpful as i am planing to fit it this weekend

Google is your answer.

search, fitting fords Ambient lighting kit to fiesta

At a guess the other part goes on the driver side and they plug into the footwell light holders but I could be wrong seeing as though I've never seen one before I probably am

I think the small bit goes under the heater control panel (still awaiting conformation thou)

They are not plug & play in a stock car that didnt have them from factory, the plugs under the dash for them need to be turned on using a ford IDS system.

The small one goes in the heater control facia & lights the little cubby at the front of the gearstick, the big one clips into the dash where the glovebox/passenger airbag is.

Just to clear up any confusion as I'll be one of the only people that has successfully retrofitted these:

Long one: top of glovebox, clips in to place and plug should be (at the moment) in a blank socket behind the dash (next to air vent on passenger door side)

imag0359t.jpg

Shorter one: top of cubby hole beneath heater controls. Need to remove the silver facsia and you'll see where it plugs in (top of black plastic) Plug is most likely wrapped in black fabric tape

imag0351h.jpg

imag0356sc.jpg

It is not plug&play unfortunately - it's not even simple using a Ford IDS system as it require me to write an activation file and then upload it to the vehicle.

dscf0271u.jpg

dscf0274x.jpg

In fairness though it might work, as a lot of Zetec S's have ambient foot lighting harnesses, and the S1600's are effectively ZS's with a hp boost aren't they?

In fairness though it might work, as a lot of Zetec S's have ambient foot lighting harnesses, and the S1600's are effectively ZS's with a hp boost aren't they?

Whilst the wires are there (like in mine) they have no power until activated in the GEM. Footwell lights seem independent of ambient lighting (ie footwell is plug&play whereas ambient isn't)

Hmm, could it be wired into a power source perhaps? Or would it be cheaper just to buy an LED strip to do it?

Hmm, could it be wired into a power source perhaps? Or would it be cheaper just to buy an LED strip to do it?

You could go down that route if you wanted to. I prefer my mods to look & work 'factory fit' ;)

You could go down that route if you wanted to. I prefer my mods to look & work 'factory fit' ;)

Yeah but unless he comes to you it won't be easy for him to fit it :P I'd have thought if you could wire it up to something back near the normal plug point, you could have it similar :P

If they don't work out of the box , then cut the wires off and attach them to the Side light circuit of the radio or switches if they are 12v , you could also fit a variable resistor to dim them up or down.Or if you have the variable dimming already fitted they will Dim along with that

so in simply terms plug um in and get a Ford dealer to actavate them, and then they might work

so in simply terms plug um in and get a Ford dealer to actavate them, and then they might work

If they'll do it, might be best doing what Preee said really.

You can try but Ford won't know what to do I'm afraid

Just had a word with a guy i know at a Ford dealership, when ive got them fitted he will have a go at programing them.

i'll let you know (hopefully) next week how i get on :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...

it turns out that the lights can not be turned on the lights even though the wiring is in place :(

it turns out that the lights can not be turned on the lights even though the wiring is in place :(

My ambient lighting begs to differ ;)

It requires custom reprogramming written by me though, Ford dealers don't know how.

We're there's a Nath there's a way

c'mon inath share the info :rolleyes:

Afraid it's something only I can do in person unless you know someone with an IDS version lower than 78 (your mate at Ford will have the most recent version which will not work)

oh well looks like ill have to connect them to the light switch then, thanks anyway.

• 7 years later...
On 11/6/2012 at 7:10 PM, iNath said:

Shorter one: top of cubby hole beneath heater controls. Need to remove the silver facsia and you'll see where it plugs in (top of black plastic) Plug is most likely wrapped in black fabric tape

imag0351h.jpg

imag0356sc.jpg

@iNath Bringing this back from the past... do you have a picture of where this plug is hidden? I definitely have the wiring as I've got the plug in the glove box, but this one is proving difficult to spot! Thanks!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club