Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Got A Sony Headunit From Ebay, How Can I Tell Its A Sony One?

alexp999

Hi guys,

I picked up a Fiesta Mk7 head unit off eBay and its come through all ok, screen and panel both clearly Sony branded genuine ford parts, but the actual head unit "box" itself, there is no sticker on.

Anyway of telling if its definetly the Sony one?

You don't say if it was second hand or not , as if it was they won't have a box as it would be out of a car , so they would have packaged it up for postage.

post some pictures

It should have a sticker on. Without any serial or models numbers I don't see how you could find out (without plugging it in and listening for an improvement!)

imag0133y.jpg

Sorry, meant the main head unit box, like iNath has pictured.

Mine is second hand but doesn't have that sticker on it. (although the panel and screen do)

I have opened it up and taken some pictures and there are part numbers on the PCB, but unless someone can take the top off their sony unit to compare it, googling isnt coming up with anything.

Sorry its so big, but this is the pic I took of the PCB. If anyone does fancy a look, you can just pop off the 4 screws from the top, and shine a light down the back of the cd drive and you can see all those part numbers. If anyone has any ideas, even small would really appreciate it.

tng_1352236757__20121106_205034_2.jpg

Anyone got any idea what I should particularly listen out for, to know its the Sony?

Thinking the only way is plug it in and see.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club