Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Timing Belt At 100K

Zetecspaul

Hey guys, my 1.6 tdci fiesta has hit the 100k mark it's been over serviced at a Toyota main dealer, but it doesnt say if it's had a timing belt change, so I was just gunna av it done, it's ready f me to service any way, im a diy mechanic, how much of a job is it on these?? Cheers in advance

Hey Paul, i would take it into a proper garage to get the timing belt done. I've got a 2005 1.4 petrol and like you i do all the servicing and brakes and stuff myself. But i sent the car in around 90,000 to get the timing belt changed by my Dads friend and they couldn't get the crankshaft bolt undone to change the belt. They tried everything they could think but it was either "keep trying snap the bolt and your engine is knackered on the spot, or give up and run it until the belt snaps"

Hope this helps a bit

Steve

Thanks alot Steve I will tale ya advice I think, what's one of these cost at a garage roughly

I couldn't tell you for sure mate, I think i was going to be about £100 but then that was mates rates. I would think somewhere around £150 maybe?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club