Sign in to follow this  
perky

Diesel Jump, and Stiff Stering

Hi guys , my 1.8 S reg, is playing up, first ,, it starts ok but after about 5 mins when it has warmed up it starts to chug (kangaroo) when moving of and also when i change in to 2nd gear ,, and secondly my stering has gone realy stiff it dosent have power stering but is usly alot easier than this,,

any hellp welcome thanks and chears,, perky,,,

Hi Mate,

Had this problem with a ford mondao at work, turned out that it was something to do with the fuel pressure being to low. The kangarooing is apparantly because when you accelerate there is not enough fuel going to the engine.

Failing that mate it could be the EGR valve.

Hope this helps

Daz

I'd agree with fuelling. Possibly fuel pumps on its way out or injectors. If the EGR is faulty it normally shows as extremely heavy smoking under acceleration.

I agree.

The company car was fixed with a new fuel pump.

the pump is in the engine bay. Not 100% sure on the price but its definitely around the £300-£400 area for a new one. Ford diesel engines are a bit smokey, if it was the EGR it would be seriously smokey. Even then dont pray its the EGR cos they arent cheap either, cheaper than a fuel pump but still at least £150. I'm 90% its pump related though matey.

You say it doesn't have power steering?

Check your tire pressures