Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Awsome Gearstick

k13r4n

Not cheap though.

TBH when do you look down at the gear stick when driving anyway?

How does it know what gear you're in?

I can only imagine it has some sort of programming button, like a small reset tab that you poke with a pin.

I then imagine that it goes through each gear individually, and makes you shift to it, and leave it there for 5/6 seconds, and then an onboard accelerometer learns the position of that particular gear, before requesting you move on to the next.

I'm tempted, just found a video of one on a fiesta mk7.

I find this all rather pointless as when I learnt to drive (long time ago now) one of the first things I was taught is never to look down at the gear leaver while driving as it takes your attention away from the road ahead and if you do need to check what gear your in, to know simply by briefly touched the leaver and knowing what gear your in by its position. So spending over a tonne on a light up gear leaver seems rather pointless and a bit retarded IMHO

I find this all rather pointless as when I learnt to drive (long time ago now) one of the first things I was taught is never to look down at the gear leaver while driving as it takes your attention away from the road ahead and if you do need to check what gear your in, to know simply by briefly touched the leaver and knowing what gear your in by its position. So spending over a tonne on a light up gear leaver seems rather pointless and a bit retarded IMHO

I know but the whole point is to make others look and show off a bit isn't that y some of you change things in your car ie footwell lights etc to make it more attrac

Thanks the price is a bit much but hey I have the link so if I can get the money and loose my marbles enough to buy a 110 quid gear knob then it's there

yea over priced in my opinion, but hey you know its not something that everyone has and the red glow would look nice with the other red interior light...

no good for me as i usually rest my hand on the gear stick lol

I know but the whole point is to make others look and show off a bit isn't that y some of you change things in your car ie footwell lights etc to make it more attrac

Lol I know mate but theres a bit of a difference. Footwell lights for example only come on when your not driving and basically when the doors are open. So you can actually show them off cause your cars not moving n people can actually see them.

The gear leaver only works when driving so you won't have many people in the car to show it off to. And its sold as a driver aid so the driver knows what gear they in while driving, when your not supposed to be looking down at it anyway.

And take my interior lighting for example, I did all that for say under 50quid and its a lot more showy and eye catching than a light up gear stick and a lot cheaper too.

Don't get me wrong, the gear stick does look good, but for the price it's not really worth it and if its the showy factor your after, you won't get much chance to show it off so for that money you could spend it on something more effective.

Really sorry if what I said come out the wrong way by the way didn't mean to knock you.

Lol I know mate but theres a bit of a difference. Footwell lights for example only come on when your not driving and basically when the doors are open. So you can actually show them off cause your cars not moving n people can actually see them.

The gear leaver only works when driving so you won't have many people in the car to show it off to. And its sold as a driver aid so the driver knows what gear they in while driving, when your not supposed to be looking down at it anyway.

And take my interior lighting for example, I did all that for say under 50quid and its a lot more showy and eye catching than a light up gear stick and a lot cheaper too.

Don't get me wrong, the gear stick does look good, but for the price it's not really worth it and if its the showy factor your after, you won't get much chance to show it off so for that money you could spend it on something more effective.

Really sorry if what I said come out the wrong way by the way didn't mean to knock you.

Oh no it's cool no offence taken everyone is entitled to their own opinion I just thought it looked cool but for that price I could think of a 110 things I could do to the car anyway

Does look cool mate don't get me wrong. But if your lookinh for something to show off, for that price like you said you could think of a lot more things to do instead, especially when you won't get much chance to show it off.

Have you got any more mods in the pipeline that you fancy doing?

Still want the silver door trim centre area and steering wheel wrapped but in dark grey or silver carbon fibre a clear high level brake light red footwell lights and possibly retro fit xenon headlights like haz but wanna wait to see if it can all be done without any hiccups but after reading about the possiblity of a mk3 rs don't wanna do too much as I just feel my car isn't as sporty as I would like or as cool and a head turner like a fast ford is

Thanks the price is a bit much but hey I have the link so if I can get the money and loose my marbles enough to buy a 110 quid gear knob then it's there

Ford sell this item as an option in australia models, so you could get the ford logo on their.

And ford europe illuminated gear knobs are 80pounds with just an led inside.

This is illuminated lcd screen with up to eight sensors that each send a different pulse to a processor resulting in the display.

Shame the elm327 cant put this display between the gauges but elm327 has given us alot as it is in fairness.

"Rock the Casba" if you like it go for it.

Either hooks to a tacho feed, OBD port or gear selector itself.

Ive got a picture of fords one i posted over a year ago ill find it now.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive got a picture of fords one i posted over a year ago ill find it now.

Found it lol

And the flip down conversation mirror available from ford america, replaces glasses holder and used to maintain eye contact during conversation with people while driving lmao now whats wrong with that ??

VAR3Z_7213_B-20110705184922_500x370.jpg

9A8Z_17D744_AA-20110705174638_500x370.jpg

My footwell lights are on all the time when it's dark

My footwell lights are on all the time when it's dark

Thats almost as Random,

As your choice of thread to post that problem in to mate.

Try opening and closing all doors then lock the car.

If that fails take it to ford, unless you wired them yourself and if you did then you must have spliced in to the wrong positive feed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club