Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Zetec S Mud Flaps

alkyz89

hi all,

just to let you know i found a guy selling the mud flap set for the zetec S...

£40 for the set of 4 mud flaps, the 2 brackets for the rear wheels, and the flaps are marked up for drilling to save messing about. Also came with extra scews for if you wanted to add additional fixing points like i did on the front flaps.

ive got afew pics but was dark when i fitted them, so ill get more pics on the weekend

DSC_0734.jpg

DSC_0733.jpg

like i said ill get full pics of the car on the weekend, when i can get pics in the daylight...

If anyone is interested pm me and ill pass on the details...

• Like 1

Hi mate, defo something I have been looking for. Are these hard plastic or flexible?

Any info would be appreciated :)

• Like 1

erm they're not like a moulded plastic if thats what you mean. but at the same time they are not flimbsy.

about 7mm thick id say so fairly rigid...

im really pleased with them, front flaps can be fitted by turning the wheel full lock but rear wheels have to come off in order to install rear flaps...

• Like 1

Aaron, how does that rear bracket fix as the material is soft? C'mon, you know you want to do a guide for us!

• Like 2

the bracket is held in place with the origional ford screw which has a fixing point behind... and then the mud flap is fixed through the other hole in the bracket with the provided self tapping screws which a real good hold on the material behind... the only problem im having with mine is that the flaps scrape on the floor going over bumps and round sharpe corners lol so i need to trim abit of the bottoms... very strong though and the flaps havnt realy marked but makes a real irritating noise when the make contact with the road...

so i will trim mine down until i find they dont scrape and matey will use mine as an actuall template for any new flaps he sells, or you can purchase them the standard length incase your ride sits slightly higher lol

• Like 1

and as for a guide i realy dont think is required, the car manual and haynes manual both show you how to jack the car up and remove the wheels all you need to do is remove the old screws put them through the mud flaps and screw them back lol piece of cake

• Like 1

Sounds like there worth getting then. Have you got a link to the seller??

• Like 1

Do the rear wheels have to come off to fit the back ones?

• Like 1

They do look like after market mud flaps, but with the holes in the right place. The original non Zetec S ones are molded around the wing. However still looks good and will save the old paint work from the dirt and stone chips.

• Like 1

yea you need to take rear wheels off as you need need to be able to get to the screws

• Like 1

These are quality mate, good price too think ill purchase a spare set myself in the coming weeks.

hey gus just an update on the mud flaps, a mate of mine, not on the forum (tut tut) has the same car and purchased a set and didnt need to adjust his atal... seems as though not all the rides sit at the same height..

Also with mine its only the front siting a tad lower, and they can be put on or taken off just by turning the wheel full lock.. easy peasy..

anyways i managed to get some half decent pics today...

3176CD84-FFC8-4463-85A3-A13CF2560B0B-3889-00000241209BDD10.jpg

88A11D2C-FE81-4238-834B-D65BB68C57DF-3889-00000241129FD882.jpg

DAC7BB74-E677-46A5-B2CC-004F1EEA63CF-3889-0000024119BB7653.jpg

let me know what you guys think... to be fair im over the moon with this mod and think its a must have for all focus ST and zetec S models :D

• Like 1

Look excellent mate,

Will protect the body from dirt, stones and road salt this time of year.

Plus their smooth run finish wont scoop up snow in the more harsh conditions.

Also looking at yours gives me an idea of how low my car will be next year when i fit some ford Zs springs.

• 6 months later...

Necropost revival!!

did the person who sells these ever get named? I need a pair and cannot find them for love nor money

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

do they scrap on the speed bumps too?

did ford ever make orginal mud flaps for the Zetec s? or do ST ones fit?

Mine did scrape so i trimed 3/4 of an inch of them. Job done

No kit for zetec s so you have to fit your own

do they scrap on the speed bumps too?

sorry for the late reply i havnt been on here in months.... the rear flaps are fine but the front ones sat a tad low...so i trimmed approx 20mm off the front flaps which was a piece of cake and now i get no noise what so ever and are fine over speed bumps, oh and the occational sneaky potholes :D

i also added an extra few screws to make sure they have a good grip...

there are quite a few speed bumps round my village but they also chip the roads often too and want to protect the paint as much as possible.

might have to take the plunge and invest in some of these.

seems earlier pics i put up are not showing so here are afew to feast your eyes on...

FAF80729-9034-455C-8BD7-28C944371630-417

719FE43E-EB57-4C88-8D23-ED2728B28218-417

88AC1FE9-0F88-4737-933A-44ECE6A09A89-417

null_zps24c57630.jpg?t=1371755188

got the new reverse sensors fitted aswel... £35 for a set of 4 sensors and a buzzer, genuine ford moondust silver!!

Looks sweet.

Where and which ones where they from?