Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problems With Fiesta

Ellie12

Hi,

I've had my fiesta titanium 12 plate for a couple of months now, I'm constantly having problems with the windows steaming up, it doesn't matter what the weather is like, it always steams up, is there anything I can do about it?

Also, to clear it, I put my blowers on, but as my model has climate control, does this consume fuel? I never use the auto or a/c button but just the left hand dial which comes on and says blowers, on the screen but when I turn it off, it says climate control off. Would this still use my fuel up? If so, there shouldn't there be a way to use the blowers without that happening as I would rather not have climate control then.

I would really appreciate any advice, thanks!

It will only use more fuel with the AC on.

Set the temp to desired level (try around 22 to start with) and leave the fan on Auto all the time. Should solve the problem.

If the car is really steamed up inside then switch AC on for a while - will clear it in no time.

You can also get antifog glass cleaner and if you clean the inside windows with it every 3-4 weeks it also stop the problem :)

Make sure the side air vents (the ones that spin 360 degrees and close flat) are pointed towards the side-windows as well. Then leave the blower on the front-facing setting, and the windscreen setting. This should stop both the front and side-windows steaming up (does for me, anyway)

Best to use the AC/Climate Control (at least some of the time). If you never use it then the system will dry up and the pipes will split. Also using it helps to dry the incoming air and defog the windows much quicker.

Make sure you don't have any drinks bottles laying around or anything as these can cause the windows to mist up.

I find the leather seats cause my windows to steam up a bit quicker than previous cars I've had, probably due to the cotton absorbing the moisture better.

The AC uses cleaner air if you like so helps to de-mist the windows much faster

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club