Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sos Help Needed Pls!

GregMarton

Hi All,

I need some SOS help, sorry if it's a sticky, but I gotta ask...

So, my st24 hatch, is locked... but with the keys in the boot... I was an idiot, I was fixing the boot lock, and in the testing process i locked the central locking, and the keys were in the boot when I closed it down... realized it after, but obviously at that point is sort of screwed...

I just got the car, it only came with one set... Breakdown cover and locksmith are no options at the moment, as I don't have AA and they messing me around, locksmith charges unreasonable amounts.. So I'm trying to sort it without them. Smashing the window I try to keep as a last resort.

I had that problem before in my mk2 GLX, the guy came, pulled on the door, put a wire thing in, hooked on the door opener, pulled it, opened the central locking. I tried that, manage to pull the door opener, but it does not open for some reason... tried on driver's side and passenger side...

any suggestions?????

The only luck is, it's on my drive way :)

Afraid it will have to be a locksmith , you may have dead locked it.

Afraid it will have to be a locksmith , you may have dead locked it.

someone also said I might be able to unlock it with another ford key... according to him, he saw this happen before.

could that work? I mean I know is a sensitive subject, but I really want to sort it without having to pay 100s of pounds...

If i left with let's say 2 options...

damaging the boot lock or smashing the rear door window

which one is cheaper to fix???

If its deadlocked u won't get the doors open or the boot from inside the car until u get key.

How old is you car?

Locksmith charged us around 120 to do it. He stuck an electric probe into door and the central locking lifted up.

Other way is make a small gap. Try getting some really gripping gloves and push windows down and see if u can get it down all the way or if not get a long piece of wire like a coat hanger and press boot release button or hook on door handle.

Well, I'll try some options today, the key is in the boot, so i was thinking maybe breaking the rear light is the cheapest option, around 15 quid from mondeo spares. and I know in the hatchback I will be able to get in the boot like that...

or, create a gap, try to push the seat folding releaser, fold the seat, and fish the key out...

smashing, wrenching, breaking are the last options... locksmith is just unreasonably expensive... for 120 quid i can smash the window, wrench the lock and break the tail light....

hoorraaay : Got the keys...

Solution: Smashed the rear light... getting another one from a guy who's breaking one. Total cost 20quid...

conclusion: never ever put the keys anywhere but my pocket, and getting 2 extra ones...

thanks for all the help

At least you got it sorted.

Yeah.. and I got my phone back too :) (cause that was locked in too)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club