Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2002 1.4 Tdci Help!

pion05

OK so I am soooo stupid but any help with this would be ggreatly appreciated.

Just bought 2002 1.4 TDCI.

Did all the checks suppose to except 1, car runs great the only proble (could be a huge one) is that the engine light does not come on when i turn ignition it does not come on at all!!!

car has had a new clutch and double fly wheel fitted as well as new ingectors just before I bought it any info would be greatly appreciated!!!

Adding this here as well as below

Just reading the manual and I do not have a glow plug indicator light, Durashift EST light, ABS light or ESP light when ignition is turned on either!

All bulbs gone not sure...always had MK3 fiestas and this is my first car with a onboard comuter not sure what's happening?

Thanks

Hell_Bunny_sXe

Just reading the manual and I do not have a glow plug indicator light, Durashift EST light, ABS light or ESP light when ignition is turned on either!

All bulbs gone not sure...always had MK3 fiestas and this is my first car with a onboard comuter not sure what's happening?

I'm not sure that all those lights you mention should light up - it depends on the trim level how the car is equipped. Durashift I think is semi automatic transmission, ABS may not be on all models, ESP is probably only on top spec versions. As yours is diesel I would have thought the glow plug light would illuminate but again I am not certain.

Do ANY lights in the cluster illuminate when the ignition is on? If not then it could just be a connector off behind the dash needing reseating.

thanks

eyemdee

oil, battery, airbag, fuel, temp, handbrake and door open lights all come on at position II. Does the TDCI have glow plugs since it is direct injection not indirect?

You're probably right that my car may not have others since it is only LX model.

Would all the other lights come on if ECU (I think that is what is called) was not working?

If ECU light is on seperate fuse will change in morning...But would like more information before going to mechanic you would not believe how many times I have been told in the past my head gasket is knakered just because they see a female coming...having MK3's could always do my own work but never worked on cars with ECU and going to the mechanic with a little info would help.

Not sure about glow plugs as I have never owned a diesel - just know they used to have them! Perhaps someone will be along in a minute that knows the answer.

If the ECU wasn't working then the engine wouldn't run as it controls everything. If it is running OK then I don't theink you need to worry.

Thanks

eyemdee

Been to the mechanic and have some more questions so will start a new thread regarding them.

I am sure the glow plug light thing is an old fashioned thing? You used to have to turn on the ignition, and wait for the light to go out before starting the engine.....is that what you mean? With modern diesels you don't have to do that.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club