Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Button

Luke Fletcher

hey guys,

ive been tring for an hour to copy an image to show you the button i mean but ill try and describe it to you.

its at the top to the left of the gear stick and was wondering if anyone knew what it was? i have presse it but nothing happens.

i have attached it as a file if you wanted to have a look at the button i mean :-)

(ive managed to add it somehow lol)

Luke

post-27409-0-80765800-1352642495_thumb.j

It's for an alarm (looks to be a 'Cobra' branded one, as I had an after-market Cobra alarm fitted and I have exactly the same setup as in your picture).

It allows you to over-ride the alarm by entering a set morse-code style password using that button if you lose your keys (randomly generated at the factory and would be displayed in the handbook, if you have it). The flashing light shows that the alarm is active, and will show a sequence of flashes if/when the alarm goes off, to indicate what sensor was triggered (e.g. anti-tilt, ultrasonic, doors/perimeter, engine start attempt)

hey,

thanks for that but my car does not have an alarm(at least i dont think it does, its ony a style +). would this have been installed at manufacture or aftermarket?

ive never seen a light flash on it and ive looked in the car manual and it got nothing about it in there. i dont not have another manual either??

would my car have an alarm becuase this is in there, how do i get a manual and how do i activate it if i have one??

thank you so much

Luke

It would have been fitted after-market. Have a look under your bonnet and see if you can see a siren like that displayed below. Or, do you see any ultra-sonic sensors either side of the sun visors, like those displayed below (on the left of the picture).

cobra_3998.jpg

Hey,

just gone and looked and i cant see anything under bonnet and there are no sensors either side of the visors. i got a funny feeling when i bought it last oct from epping ford they may have removed it prior. we also bought a focus at the same time and that had an aftermarket bluetooth in but they kept that in for us but must have remove the alarm in my fiesta. i did not know this was in there but the focus was advertised with the kit in side so they couldnt remove that really.

are they easy to install do you know since i got the base already there?? anyone know a price how much these kit are?? are they any good?

Luke

If that's the case, I would have thought they left the button/light module to avoid a big hole in the dash! However I suppose that's one less thing you would have to thread through/cut a hole for (assuming the wiring to that button is still intact). I had my local dealer fit mine as part of the option I haggled for when I bought the car, so I wouldn't know how easy it is to fit. The alarm seems quite good, and obviously you can add modules as you wish (anti-tilt, dual-zone proximity sensor, shock sensor). I had mine fitted as part of a tracker system too, as I had my previous Fiesta Metal stolen :( It's up to you whether you think it would be worth fitting it, but it's likely help with those pesky insurance premiums!

Hey,

thank you for you feedback. it has put a little niggle of mine to rest lol. been looking at prices for these alarms and are lightly pricey for this time in my life lol so we'll see next year

Luke

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club