Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Roll up, Roll up Place your bets, place your bets!!!

Freedom

As some of you know ive been doing some light modding to my fiesta freedom.....and so i came across this nice site that lets you have loads of font styles for your number plate! KOOL!....an at only £20 a go why the hell not!! so iz got me some sweet new number plates. yippy!...

Now, admittedly im a noob in all things modding and so called "Laws" of the road and before i got the plates a friend told me that you can be pulled and charged £30 for having modded plates (what a load of crap, oh how i hate the police) and yes i now know that this is true (but i hate the law and put them on anyway) below is a example of what font my plates are in now an i think threes nothing wrong as "not one of the letters/numbers can or could be misinterpreted as anything other than what they actually are". (++ the new plates have all the right spaces in the right places all i have changed is the font style)

but we all know al get pulled and fined.....so all bets welcome to how long its gona take for me to get pulled and fined :D

platesm.jpg

w947.png

Not showing the plates even when refreshing. The details you have entered will be stored on your PC as a cookie so theres no way for us to see them mate.

Yea i can see them and it wont take you long to get pulled at all. This is the current law as far as i am aware and i take no responsibility if this information is not correct.

Characters must be 79mm high and 50mm wide with a stroke of 14mm.Inter-character gap is 11mm and the space between the two parts of the registration number is 33mm.The only font allowed is based on the "Charles Wright" font.

It just makes the car look chavish anyway so stick with the normal ones unless you want to get laughed at and pulled by the police.

lol well i don't agree that they look chavey but they have been changed anyway cuz its just not worth it, im not stupid :P i just wanted to rant because its a stupid law.... i do need new ones tho because one of them has a big chip in it -

i can asume that if i have them like this its legal right??.....

legalplates.jpg

w623.png

i have heard that having the ford badge on it will become illegal if it isnt already? anyonw know about that?

Hmmm. Plate looks to be ok. Think the Ford logo is illegal though.

I just found this bit of info if its any help.

Once again these regulations apply to number plates FITTED after September 2001 .So your car could be 1974 but it would still need to comply IF THE NUMBER PLATES ARE CHANGED.

It has never been legal to use screws etc to alter the appearance of the characters on the plate and the only other option when buying them is the EU emblem with a national flag e.g. Saltire.

To make all this enforceable every number plate suppliers must be registered with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency and must show his name and post code on each number plate he supplies.

In addition you must supply proof of I.D.when buying plates ( preferrably a photocard driving licence ) and also proof that the number is yours( V5 registration document ( log book) , V750 (pink) or V778 (green) certificate for the registration number, V11 vehicle licence renewal, or V948).

The supplier must keep records of all the above and make them available to the police if requested.

Hmmm. Plate looks to be ok. Think the Ford logo is illegal though.

I just found this bit of info if its any help.

Once again these regulations apply to number plates FITTED after September 2001 .So your car could be 1974 but it would still need to comply IF THE NUMBER PLATES ARE CHANGED.

It has never been legal to use screws etc to alter the appearance of the characters on the plate and the only other option when buying them is the EU emblem with a national flag e.g. Saltire.

To make all this enforceable every number plate suppliers must be registered with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency and must show his name and post code on each number plate he supplies.

In addition you must supply proof of I.D.when buying plates ( preferrably a photocard driving licence ) and also proof that the number is yours( V5 registration document ( log book) , V750 (pink) or V778 (green) certificate for the registration number, V11 vehicle licence renewal, or V948).

The supplier must keep records of all the above and make them available to the police if requested.

yeh ive read that from the dvla website..,its a pain in the !Removed! :P

yeh ive read that from the dvla website..,its a pain in the !Removed! :P

You wouldnt say that if your car got nicked with stupid plates on and ANPR couldnt read them. The vast majority of stolen cars are tracked by hits on ANPR these days. A mate of mine had his focus nicked, the police told him exactly where he'd been for the complete week before the event. They also found where the car had been burnt out an hour after it had been taken with violence from outside his site office.

Very true. The regulations are there so the ANPR cameras can read them. I know they are used to prosecute you etc but when or if the car is stolen and recovered, odds are that the ANPR are 95% responsible for getting it back.

You wouldnt say that if your car got nicked with stupid plates on and ANPR couldnt read them. The vast majority of stolen cars are tracked by hits on ANPR these days. A mate of mine had his focus nicked, the police told him exactly where he'd been for the complete week before the event. They also found where the car had been burnt out an hour after it had been taken with violence from outside his site office.

I agree with you abit, but I just think some of my tax money I pay just to drive the damn thing should be going into things like making the ANPR able to read any font. Its not like I wanted it un-readable just make it abit more personalized without buying private plates....

If your number plate can make or break your cars look mate then theres something wrong. Save the money you'd spend on plates and put it towards some nice wheels or new headlights. Something that will make it look different rather than just another chavvy fiesta.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club