Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Sat Nav Unit

danieldonaghey

I have a 2008 ford focus and am looking for a touch screen sat nav unit to put in to it does anybody have any recomendations

Depends how much ur willing to pay iv got a 09 focus an im gunna get a pioneer 2400 looks nice and for the price you get a bit for your money like :)

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&productId=878181&categoryId=265857&langId=-1

Hi Daniel I have just fitted a 7" touch screen sat-nav, dvd, bluetooth unit to my 2008 focus from eBay. The quality of the unit is very good and is the exact size and connections as the Ford one. The unit is sub £200 it took 45 minutes to fit. the sat nav is spot on and the dvd is good quality. Only had it a week but so far so good and all the ford focus factory fitted items work i.e the steering wheel controls, the reverse gear sensor and the lights and the dash board clock. if you want any pics let me know.

Deanoo is it one of those on eBay, from china?? Got any pics mate??

I am interested in getting one too, just not too sure on the cheaper ones. By reverse gear sensor do you mean it has the reverse camera function??

Hi Daniel I have just fitted a 7" touch screen sat-nav, dvd, Bluetooth unit to my 2008 focus from ebay. The quality of the unit is very good and is the exact size and connections as the Ford one. The unit is sub £200 it took 45 minutes to fit. the sat nav is spot on and the dvd is good quality. Only had it a week but so far so good and all the ford focus factory fitted items work i.e the steering wheel controls, the reverse gear sensor and the lights and the dash board clock. if you want any pics let me know.

Arggh don't tell us it was great then don't say which one it was. :)

I too am looking for one, my car didn't come with bluetooth or voice controls, I'm thinking it'd make more sense just to upgrade the head unit than buying bluetooth and controls etc...wouldn't mind satnav too while I'm at it.

Hi its model: The ES789EU 7" HD Car DVD Player Sat Nav iPod TV PiP Can Bus SWC FORD FOCUS MONDEO, yea really pleased with it the only fault I can find so far is when you set the screen to go blank after 3 or 5 minutes on the radio this also applies to the sat nav and you don't want that going blank after 3 or 5 minutes so I have left that setting off also the TV is analogue but I could have spent more money and got the digital TV.

Haz93, my car already has rear parking sensors so I did not fit the rear camera but the unit is compatible with the standard and infra-red rear cameras. The ford focus must send a signal to the can-bus because when I select reverse the screen goes blank mutes the radio and says back car on the screen, which is good so I can hear the beeps from the rear sensors.

I have taken a pic as requested

How do you add a photo?????????????????

Use the more reply options button and attach photo is at the bottom :)

Sounds like a pretty decent headunit then

Hi its model: The ES789EU 7" HD Car DVD Player Sat Nav iPod TV PiP Can Bus SWC FORD FOCUS MONDEO, yea really pleased with it the only fault I can find so far is when you set the screen to go blank after 3 or 5 minutes on the radio this also applies to the sat nav and you don't want that going blank after 3 or 5 minutes so I have left that setting off also the TV is analogue but I could have spent more money and got the digital TV.

Haz93, my car already has rear parking sensors so I did not fit the rear camera but the unit is compatible with the standard and infra-red rear cameras. The ford focus must send a signal to the can-bus because when I select reverse the screen goes blank mutes the radio and says back car on the screen, which is good so I can hear the beeps from the rear sensors.

I have taken a pic as requested

How do you add a photo?????????????????

Where abouts did you put the GPS antenna?

Hi I put the GPS is the windscreen column on the passenger side totally concealed. There is loads of room in there and the GPS is magnetic so no fixings required, I then clipped the cable along side the exiting wiring loom. Picture as requested and thanks for your help in adding a pic.

post-36380-0-33756100-1353085368_thumb.j

• Like 1

I had one of those in my last Focus. I put the GPS through a hole to the right of the unit before putting it back in the dash, and stuck it on top of the dash pod under the dashboard cover. Probably no good if you have got a heated screen though.

Deanoo, that looks the nuts! What's the sound quality like? Does it have direct ipod control connection??

Hi Greg, it comes with the ipod connection lead that plugs into the rear of the unit I guess you route it through to the glove box?. I prefer the mini sd card on the right hand side on the front for media up to 8gb I think. I have put my music on mp3 on a sd card. oh the sound quality ok-ish nothing special about the same as the original ford stereo.

Hi I put the GPS is the windscreen column on the passenger side totally concealed. There is loads of room in there and the GPS is magnetic so no fixings required, I then clipped the cable along side the exiting wiring loom. Picture as requested and thanks for your help in adding a pic.

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but how did you remove the trim piece covering the windscreen column? And how did you get the wire from the radio to the top of the dash? I'm crap at this as you can tell :)

Just ben speaking to a guy who does the geniune ford units for about 500 says they retail at 1300/1500 if anyones after one of them

• 2 years later...

Hi All,

I also just bought one of those chinese sat nav unit for my C-Max 2009 1.6TDCi Titanium. It fits and works good with the steering wheel controls however the car wiring loom (quadlock connector) doesn't include a wire for the reverse gear signal. The new unit has a wire for reverse gear signal but I don't know where to connect it in the car. Do I have to lead it to the gearbox where the actual reverse gear sensor is?

Could anybody help me?

Cheers

on mine it just worked, I think it used CAN as I was quite surprised it worked without touching that cble

My unit hasn't got wires in the quadlock connector in the pins where the car's loom CAN pins are. However there are two cables on the unit (marked as KEY1 and KEY2), is it possible that this 2 should go to the car's CAN pins?

If your using the audio stalk then your using the CAN BUS, have you tried it? It will slip in to camera mode if you pop it n to reverse as long as the camera option I turned on,

Hi,

I just tried but unfortunately it doesn't work.

I checked the Quadlock connector pin arrangement in the car and the CAN+ and CAN- is on pin 9 & 10 (Connector A) but on the new head unit it's nothing goes to these pins. (see link for the car pinout)

http://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Quadlock_Stereo_Connector_-_Sony_DAB_/_USB

I bought this unit:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321664575678?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I think the steering wheel control still works because there are two additional wire for the SWC in Connector B (Pin 6 & 8) and these are exist on my head unit too.

On the Quadlock connector for the unit there are some loose cables (pink, brown, etc) as you can see in the "Accessories" section of the eBay item.

These loose cables labelled as KEY1, KEY2, REVERSE, BREAK.

REVERSE --> Input signal from reverese gear to switch the unit to show the rear view

BREAK --> To detect the hand brake status to disable video playback when driving

KEY1 --> ????? Can be the CAN+ or CAN-

KEY2 --> ????? Can be the CAN+ or CAN-

Any suggestion? Does/Can it harm anything if I try to connect the car CAN+/- to the KEY1/2 cables?

Where should I lead the REVERSE labelled cable if KEY1/2 does go to CAN+/-? Straight to the gearbox?

• 3 years later...
On 11/21/2012 at 9:03 PM, STEADS said:

Just ben speaking to a guy who does the geniune ford units for about 500 says they retail at 1300/1500 if anyones after one of them

Whats his phone number.

1 hour ago, Daviddowns said:

Whats his phone number.

Why would you want to pay £500 for something that specification wise was out of date not long after it came out i.e. over a decade ago?

I recently fitted a high spec Xtrons unit (as have a few others on here over the years) it's a Ford specific model so fitts the oval shape console without needing additional trim/blanking plates and also includes a canbus box for the steering wheel controls so wiring wise you just connect the Quadlock connector and the antennas.

http://xtrons.co.uk/pb78fsfp-b-android-8-octa-core-4gb-ram-32gb-rom-multimedia-dvd-player-with-7-display-custom-fit-for-ford.html (£300 + £50 if you want DAB).  This model is available brand new on eBay for £239.99 and it's where I bought mine from.  No problems so far and the unit is seriously quick.

Yes I have one fitted to my car, works wonderfull went to update software , told it was illegal, I cannot find any where to replace  legal soft ware

44 minutes ago, Daviddowns said:

Yes I have one fitted to my car, works wonderfull went to update software , told it was illegal, I cannot find any where to replace  legal soft ware

Which/what head unit have you got fitted?

9 hours ago, Daviddowns said:

Whats his phone number.

4 hours ago, 1979Damian said:

Which/what head unit have you got fitted?

Mouse over image to zoom
  • 7-034-For-FORD-FOCUS-C-S-MAX-MONDEO-GALAXY-Car-Stereo-GPS-Sat-Nav-Radio-Player-BT
  • 7-034-For-FORD-FOCUS-C-S-MAX-MONDEO-GALAXY-Car-Stereo-GPS-Sat-Nav-Radio-Player-BT
Have one to sell? Sell it yourself

7" For FORD FOCUS C/S-MAX MONDEO GALAXY Car Stereo GPS Sat Nav Radio Player BT