Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Light Recommendations

k13r4n

Ok guys what's the best light I can get for my boot and need red bulbs for footwell what's the best ?

I know, what you do is take your bulb out n plug one of these in instead. It comes with an adapter so it plugs in the same as the bulb.

What you do is completely remove the lens cover, plug this in n it's self adhesive so stick it over the hole in place of the cover.

You'll get this effect:

DSCN0830.jpg

Ah I'm with you now shall be getting these when I'm paid will upload photos for ya Charlie

All good mate, I've fitted a second boot light too so I've got one pad each side. Completely fills my boot as you can see.

Also got one in the glove box:

2012-09-25172819.jpg

Yup, so as the pads come from china what i'd do is order 3 at a time so you got one for the boot n glove box n another if you decide to fit a second boot light.

I would recommend a second boot light too, really cheap and quick to do. All you need is a bulb holder n a length of wire.

I know mate, makes a nice change actually being able to see in me boot when I gotta get something out at night.

It actually lights up me driveway

Charlie got a link for some legal Cree side light bulbs as I think my current ones aren't legal for the rapidly approaching mot in march

where do you run the cable to put the second bulb in the boot? (im a cyclist and an constantly putting the seats down and stuff, i assume itd be ran below the boot?)

..im sure this is close enough to topic to not class as a hijack!

cheers

Charlie got a link for some legal Cree side light bulbs as I think my current ones aren't legal for the rapidly approaching mot in march

Don't think any cree is 'legal' mate due to being 6000k.

Just means when MOT time comes along, you just swap your decent sidelight bulbs over for you old crappy standard ones. Pass the MOT, then soon as you get back home you swap em back over.

It's what I'm gonna have to do next week concerning my cree reverse lights.

where do you run the cable to put the second bulb in the boot? (im a cyclist and an constantly putting the seats down and stuff, i assume itd be ran below the boot?)

..im sure this is close enough to topic to not class as a hijack!

cheers

I would link it but if you have a look for lenny he had a super guide for a second boot light and I think he removes the black trim around the catch for the boot and feeds it under here also Charlie will be able to advise as he had done this mod too

All you need is a bulb holder n a length of wire.

Is a bulb holder really needed? Could ye not just tap directly into the wires coming from the panel to the adapter plug if using these LED panels?

where do you run the cable to put the second bulb in the boot?

Here's a link for the guide that someone mentioned above mate...

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/27165-guide-to-fitting-additional-boot-light-in-ford-focus-mk2-and-mk25/page__pid__146083#entry146083

Is a bulb holder really needed? Could ye not just tap directly into the wires coming from the panel to the adapter plug if using these LED panels?

You could do yeah. Would just make it a more permanent feature and a little more hassle should you wanna change it.

With the bulb holder you just unplug it as a normal wedge bulb whenever you want should you wanna change to a different colour etc

thanks for the link! ..looks complicated though! think il go for a single 42 LED bulb

It shouldn't really be mate. Lenny is a pretty thorough guy as reflected by his guides, but essentially, especially if using the led panels recommended by Brigante (I ordered 3 today), then there's no cutting required, so you just tap into the existing light wiring, run the wire across the boot and up to the other side, connect to a second panel light, and hey presto!

Don't be intimidated mate, the guys on here are happy to answer any questions you may have and you'll get a great sense of satisfaction when complete! Give it a bash, what's the worst can happen?!

It is extremely easy to do. Took me about 5minutes. Remove a couple trim peices, they just pull out. Tap a wire into the existing bootlight, run it around the spare wheel well and up the other side. Cut a hole the same size as the existing boots light hole and pull the wire through. Either wire it to a bulb holder or straight to the LED pad. Refit the trim peices and your all done. Look at my previous posts for photos of what you'll achieve with very little work.

So did you go ahead and cut the hole to size and that mate and then just place your pad over the top of it? I hadn't really thought about a hole for the wiring, but was thinking could maybe just drill one small hole that would be covered by the pad anyway? Would save the cutting part if that's what's putting Aldoo off.

I don't have a dremel (yet!) but pretty sure I have a template for the hole made up already as I fitted these as OEM style rear footwells on either side of the centre console in my Mondeo. Got a pair of them from a couple of old fiesta boot lights in a local scrappies for £2 with bulb holders and wire, so might go back to see if he's any left.

http://talkford.com/uploads/gallery/album_527/gallery_39676_527_145069.jpg

Yeah, its the drilling putting me off. but ill give it a go (Im so weak with pear pressure! haha)

I should really have more confidence with this considering im an electrical engineer!

Thanks guys!

All you have to remember is that anywhere you're likely to drill for extra boot lights is on the underside of the boot trim and anyway there's always blanking grommets. :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club