Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Has Happened To My Wiper?!

talksy

Hi, I recently had to hand my Focus in to my local ford garage for some warranty work to the air vent system inside the car.

They got back to me explaining that they had to remove the dash and both front doors in the end.

Among other things (such as door hinge bolts being finger tight, deep screwdriver scratches in paint on inside of door), I noticed that my wiper arm now appears to be white and missing its bolt covers. It was also loosely bolted on which meant after using the wiper it started knocking and going out of line when returning to park.

Does anyone know why it would have this white stuff all over it? I can't find any explanation. It is like paint and won't come off.

I don't feel good about going back to them as this will be the 3rd time I have to go back with the car again as things are not up to scratch. Beginning to really stress me out.2012-11-16231402.jpg

sounds like a dodgy garage to me. i'd take it back and complain. looks to me like overspray on it? took off another car maybe?

maybe they put the wrong one on when they took it off!!! lost yours and its lying about garage somewhere. just noticed it was a ford garage aswell. definitly take it back and ask to speak to the service manager!!! also point out deep scratches to him around inside door. threaten to speeak to ford customer services a trading standards if they dont budge!!!

The car should be returned to you intan acceptable condition.

Did you sign off on it when you collected?

If it was in this condition when you collected it and accepted it like it is then most likely they'll give you short shrift.

Always inspect your car when collecting from a garage and if not happy refuse to accept it.

The car should be returned to you intan acceptable condition.

Did you sign off on it when you collected?

If it was in this condition when you collected it and accepted it like it is then most likely they'll give you short shrift.

Always inspect your car when collecting from a garage and if not happy refuse to accept it.

Hi thanks for all of your posts. It was indeed a ford garage, and it was in for the 3rd time after I complained about things not being fixed correctly. I did have to sign a form showing what work they had done, but I had to sign it before I got the keys and it was 5.30pm in the evening, very dark. I took a good look but given the lighting conditions, it was only afterwards in the morning, I noticed all of the problems. Really getting pi$$ed off with it all now. I have to travel so far to work and it is having a massive impact on my work load as I keep arriving to work late or leaving early to drop off or pick up the car.

I have taken pictures, and put them in a word doc, I am going to go back down and show them the document with all of the problems clearly highlighted with images. I had my suspicions it may have been off of another car. I bought this used from the dealership literally 3 months ago, and it is being treated like some 5 year old car, now with scratches, nuts not screwed on, oil patch on seat etc. Really shocked. Monday morning, and the whole process will begin again! The guy I have dealt with has been really good and tried to make sure everything is done, at first I thought maybe I am just being really fussy, but I just don't think this is acceptable for a proper garage. Especially considering how much I have had to Shell out for this car not more than a few months ago. Thanks for your posts guys :)

.....Also, sorry for the long posts, but if anyone can help name these parts, I would really appreciate it,

These are things which have broken or dissipeared since it went in (I took pics of every inch of the car when I bought it, and have compared the then and now pics so can quickly work out any changes such as the wipers).

The plastic clip here appears to have been rammed with a screwdriver. Now the rubber bit which goes between the door and the car keeps falling loose. What is the plastic clip part called? - These are buggered on both sides.

2012-11-15183048.jpg

Two clips for this part just under the bonnet have vanished (they seal the area where the wiper motors are)....

2012-11-16231351.jpg

2012-11-16231346.jpg

The nuts for the Wiper Blades had plastic protectors but these have gone. Do they have a certain name?

Also, at the bottom of the windscreen, there is a long piece of black plastic which runs down toward the engine. This was very tight against the windscreen. It is now loose and you can get your finger right under it. I am worried water may come into the car. I have compared with a friend's focus, and his is as tight as anything against the windscreen. Does anyone know if this could be a problem?

Lastly, when I bought the car a few months back, both battery terminals were covered in a white grease - some kind of insulation I assumed. When I got it back, all of it has vanished. What would you call this, as I want to get them to put it all back on again what with winter on its way.

:)

holy sh*t, what have they done to your car. I'd go right to the top and they have seriously messed around with your car.

I think they've lost the box they put your trim pieces into and hoped you wouldn't notice.

Brigante has a picture of the plastic bits your door umbilical clips onto, unfortunately they have a fair bit of plastic inside the door and in in a dog leg pattern so as to hold the door wires away from the window mechanism.

I'm not sure if the thing can be taken out in two parts or if replacing them will involve unwiring the complete door.

Also, where abouts are you from? Tell us the name of the garage so we can avoid...

Or burn down :P

It's time to name and shame the garage. :ph34r:

Thought my ears were burning

These what you mean Clive?

2012-11-13160854.jpg

Hello, thanks for all of your posts and help. Yes does look like entire door wiring will need to come off as these brackets don' have any way of running an already connected wire back through them. Also, since getting the car back, two small white clips have fallen out the bottom of the driver door, so I am guessing they are door card screws.

I don't feel like any naming and shaming until I get all of the work rectified as they could quite easily turn round and say no way if I start posting names on the internet or might do even more substandard jobs. I have bought a car from them so I need to try and maintain some level of relationship with them, primarily because I intend on keeping the car for some years! I will keep you posted. It has been keeping me up quite late at night wondering what has been done and worrying about when I will get it all sorted.

Some parts of the repair have been done really well, and others as you have seen, did not go to well. Lets see what happens next week.

Thought my ears were burning

These what you mean Clive?

That's the buggers. :D

If the garage is going to replace those pieces as they broke them then they've got a lot of work on their hands.

Do you think it is worth them replacing them? Will it cause problems in the future if they are left how they are.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club