Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thermostat Leak

tomo38

Hi all,ive got a coolant leak,ive put in a new thermostat housing and o ring and thermostat,ive also put in a new cover too but there still seems to be a problem anyone got any ideas. The leak is coming from the thermostat cover.It seems to only bubble out when the motor is running.Having to top coolant tank up every day.Please help.

Replace the housing,.....its a common problem with them, i left one too long before, and the leak falls on the starter motor, corroded it and i had to replace it aswell.....:(

when you remove the old housing you need to clean up the area then apply a smear of sealant around the seal then fit the seal into the housing and apply gasket sealant around the thermostat housing and refit allow to dry for 1 hour before running the engine if its still leaking then either the housing is faulty the bolts arent tight enough or the thermostat has jammed shut

Tried all that, will only hold it for a while....new housing....no sealant, just the supplied 'o' rings....don't over tighten........no more problems :)

Already bought a new housing for it richiemax,thats what i couldnt understand because it was still leaking.I took out the new cheappy thermostat which cost a fiver and tested it to see if it worked,would you believe it ,it was a duddddddd,went into ford kicking and sreamming lol and got one there.....since then its been bone dry.Thanks again everybody for the advice,hopefully thats the end of it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club