Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying A Used Fiesta - Should I Buy Ford Warranty?

blackwheels

Hi Folks

I am (going to be, in a week's time) an owner of a rgeat Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.25.

It's an 09 reg, 13k miles 3 door silver - getting its Valet an MOT done at Ford dealers. Can't wait to pick it up ina week.

Given it's just over 3 years old, the salesman offered me the Ford gold warranty (379 - 1 year; 600 - 2 year; 800 - 3 year) which also comes with AA full breakdown, no excess on warranty claims.

At the time I thought a 3 year warranty is good as it's cheaper over 3 years and car more likely to go wrong in that time. I came back home and checked some quotes online which were a bit cheaper.

So it got me thinking and hence it will be good to get a view of more experienced Ford owners here - have people found it worth paying extra for Ford warranty and are there any known faults that should encourage me to take this warranty?

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Cheers

blackwheels

Yes I deffo I would. I took out a 3 year warranty (£500) and its saved me nearly £900 in the first year and a half already. Jusy check what the warranty covers. Mines quite good it covers just about everything bar a few daft things

Ive had a new coil pack/spark plugs, 2 wheel bearings, a gasket for an oil leak that without the warranty wouldve cost £360 to fix as the gearbox/clutch had to be removed to get to it. The warranty coverred or all also had a new coolant reservoir, clutch pedal and another oil leak fixed. It has saved me a wee fortune but they are brilliant wee cars though.

Thanks Settling In Well

I got quoted the gold cover that includes everything except consumables like tyres, break pads and bulbs. Ford wouldn't negotiate prices on warranty but looks like you got a great deal there.

Yeah it was through bristol street motors where I got the car from but it was a ford guarantee. It is worth it im gona see if I can extend mine once its up

I would definitely get a warranty, the last thing you want after shelling out the money to buy the car is for an expensive repair bill to come through!

My car is still in warranty, but the warranty on my mum's 59' plate 1.25 Fiesta Zetec expired back in September and we went for one with Warranty Direct. I'm not 100% what is included, whether it's as comprehensive as the Ford one, but it might be worth a look?

And touch wood, our Fiesta has never gone wrong mechanically in the three years we've had it and has always proven to be a reliable - even when it was my car with my 'enthusiastic' driving style ;)

Get a quote from Warranty Direct first, the dealer warranties are loaded to give the salesman a financial kickback.

You may also find the warranty is underwritten by Warranty Direct in the first place.

The AA also do a number of tailored packages get them to quote as well.

Hi Folks

I am (going to be, in a week's time) an owner of a rgeat Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.25.

It's an 09 reg, 13k miles 3 door silver - getting its Valet an MOT done at Ford dealers. Can't wait to pick it up ina week.

Given it's just over 3 years old, the salesman offered me the Ford gold warranty (379 - 1 year; 600 - 2 year; 800 - 3 year) which also comes with AA full breakdown, no excess on warranty claims.

At the time I thought a 3 year warranty is good as it's cheaper over 3 years and car more likely to go wrong in that time. I came back home and checked some quotes online which were a bit cheaper.

So it got me thinking and hence it will be good to get a view of more experienced Ford owners here - have people found it worth paying extra for Ford warranty and are there any known faults that should encourage me to take this warranty?

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Cheers

blackwheels

whattttt! m8 ive just brought a 09 plate fiesta 1.4 tdci and i got 12 months on it for £190 u been riped there m8

whattttt! m8 ive just brought a 09 plate fiesta 1.4 tdci and i got 12 months on it for £190 u been riped there m8

m8 have you checked what your warranty covers m8? I wouldn't imagine your £190 warranty to cover the same as Ford's Gold Warranty m8.

I would definitely get it more often than not cars seem to go wrong about 2 months after the warranty is out

I thought the first year would come with the car anyway. Last time I bought a 3 year old car from Fords it came with a Ford extended warranty which didn't cost me anything. I dont know what the difference is though.

m8 have you checked what your warranty covers m8? I wouldn't imagine your £190 warranty to cover the same as Ford's Gold Warranty m8.

everything bar the consumables

yes just cheacked my warranty it is gold!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club