Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Getting The Sony Display Working On A 2009My Mk7?

alexp999

Hi Guys,

I have done the upgrade of the Sony Stereo to my 2009MY MK7 Fiesta.

The only problem is, the screen will not work. Any ideas why it wouldn't or if anything can be done to get it working?

Despite having the same connector, it just refuses to turn on.

If the screen doesn't work it must be faulty. It's a straight swap for the red one.

Are you sure nothing changed mid 2010? Although the seller has now given me another to try this weekend they have shown the one I returned as working.

I'm sure I read about someone else with a 2009 Fiesta not able to get the Sony screen working.

The connector is the same but I didn't know if the wiring or software is different pre April 2010.

Are you going from the identical red screen to Sony or from the little 2-line (non-Bluetooth) one?

The first one looks identical to the Sony and AFAIK it was just a different backlight & text colour,

It's the identical red one.

But I'm thinking maybe it's not the same on the inside.

I'm trying to remember when Sony was introduced, was it late 2009 or early 2010?

I'm afraid the only thing I can confirm it was it was a straight swap on my 2010 model.

I'm trying to remember when Sony was introduced, was it late 2009 or early 2010?

I'm afraid the only thing I can confirm it was it was a straight swap on my 2010 model.

Mid 2010. Build dates of 20th June 2010 onwards I think.

I'm tempted to open it up and see if it's possible to use the Sony lcd with the original pcb.

I just find it odd it doesn't work, when the main unit and panel does, what would have changed with the screen, they didn't even change the connector.

I don't know if this helps but mine is a MY2011 car first registered in September 2010 on a 60 plate and I was told it was one of the first of the new model year with the Sony stereo as standard. I was shown another 60 plate Titanium, MY2010, which had the "old" Ford 'phone style stereo.

Well I tried another screen, and that didn't work either.

I can only assume something got changed which made it incompatible with pre mid 2010 cars.

I had a look on Ford Ecat and there are different part numbers for up to 20/6/2010 and after on the display, so I assume they are not interchangeable.

It doesn't matter too much at the end of the day, as much as I would have liked to get it working, it probably looks better staying amber red as it matches the ambient lighting better. :)

Agreed, when I had the Sony in mine I went back to the red display as it suits the interior better :)